how was your karkloof

jwagga

I was one of the front bunch sent wrong. The marshal was on his cell phone, and standing in a position that lead us right and up the hill. A quad bike eventually caught us and sent us back. by this time the front B batch guys were coming up aswell, we turned them back and it seems that from then on the marshal woke up!!!

Did you see a orange Tallboy?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the outcome of the dispute? I know there was a serious indaba after the race to try sort things out, but left before i heard the outcome.

They gace you 9mins on your time if you could prove you took the wrong route.

The track is maintained all year round.

Yes it is maintained all year round which I am sure is funded partly by the all year round fee if you want to ride in your own time. My point is that I am sure a portion of the R200 will be used for covering the balance and the building the new track which there was for the 60km race.I just think we must be alot more greatful for an awesome event and quit whining!!

Yes it is maintained all year round which I am sure is funded partly by the all year round fee if you want to ride in your own time. My point is that I am sure a portion of the R200 will be used for covering the balance and the building the new track which there was for the 60km race.I just think we must be alot more grateful for an awesome event and quit whining!!

Maybe not whining, more constructive criticism. How will they ever know what to iron out for next year? :unsure:

They gace you 9mins on your time if you could prove you took the wrong route.

Hmmm... 9 mins. Interesting number. Did it have any affect on the race podium? I.e. were any of the guys that didn't take the wrong turning pushed off the podium?

Hmmm... 9 mins. Interesting number. Did it have any affect on the race podium? I.e. were any of the guys that didn't take the wrong turning pushed off the podium?

Not sure, just going on what my boss told me this morning, he said he couldn't be bothered to have to make a big fuss.

Well I love climbing so climbing is not an issue :thumbup:

In the 40 you also ride up Lebanon.

I think you are mistaken, I have ridden the 40 and the 75 and now the 60 and you dont go anywhere near Lebanon in the 40. Lebanon is twice as long as Carolines.

From the results the podium did change. Melt crossed the line first but in the results they have him 3rd. Tough break for him, when he did nothing wrong. ( minutes is an interesting number. I wonder if they used Garmins to track the difference to get that time.

Maybe not whining, more constructive criticism. How will they ever know what to iron out for next year? :unsure:

Not disputing the problems that need ironing out,I am sure the organisers are well aware of issues from this year and will rectify them for next year,majority caused by the planting of grass on the fields. Somebody earlier on in the thread pointed out that R200 was alot for entry fee and no goodie bag etc and they expected more. I just pointed out that we should appreciate the awesome track and maybe that is where a portion of R200 went end of story.

Well I am dead keen to ride there again on a Sunday morning... just dont know the area...

From the results the podium did change. Melt crossed the line first but in the results they have him 3rd. Tough break for him, when he did nothing wrong. ( minutes is an interesting number. I wonder if they used Garmins to track the difference to get that time.

I can't find any news in the press about it yet, but it seems like they may have done this.

Well I am dead keen to ride there again on a Sunday morning... just dont know the area...

Just pitch there on a Sunday morning. It's well marked. It's quite far from the Lion Park too, in case you get lost :) .

Started in F (for traFFic) It was a blessing though cos it forced me to start easy. In the first 30km the single track was spoiled by traffic but really enjoyed the last 30km. What a jol! :clap:

I was in C batch and EVERY Bullrun had palookas walking the trails. They make chicken runs for a reason, for those technically challenged roadies that cant ride a mountain bike. I was riding behind a chap coming up to a section that I know is quite tricky and told him to take the chicken run as the bull run was tough - he went into the bull run, stopped and started walking. That really pisses me off.

Otherwise my response to all the gripes go as follows:

1. Too expensive - you get a really smart cycling shirt that more than makes up for the entry fee (if you entered and bothered to get to registration on time).

2. Parking - so you had to walk 500m to the registration and then again to the start. Use it as a warm up OR get there earlier and you wouldn't have that problem.

3. Route markings - the routes are really well marked, I have friends that go ride there on weekends without marshalls and follow the routes just fine so UNLESS the marshall sent them the wrong way, they have no excuse.

A truly enjoyable race, even if Edgar did catch me 30km in after starting 15min behind me.

As far as the 60km being as tough as the 75, I normally ride the 75km in 5 hours and the 60km took me 4:20 so it was a bit shorter but the singel track that they incorporated by making it shorter was well worth it.

Anyone know the total climbing in the 60km? It was an AWESOME route :lol: but there was a lot of climbing; I swear more than in hill2hill 105km even!

just interested to know the meters...

Anyone ?? :unsure: