Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

Start is at the top of Vredehoek. Finish is in Lower Gardens, if you come for coffee in Roodehek Street.

Park low and you have to cycle up to the start. Park high and you have to ride up to your car after coffee.

We start at 6:30 am and we finish round about 7:45. Finish is at Deluxe Coffeeworks in Roodehek Str.

I suggest you park near the Gardens Centre .

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl thanx, I think I'll park at wembley square and shower at the gym when I'm done.

For the directionally challenged like myself, could you confirm if I'm right, last thing I want to do is get lost :blush:

From Wembley Square, up Maynard Street, feft into Upper Mill St continue to Derry Street and left into Chelmsford rd - meeting at the end of Chelmsford road?

A good reference point is the Spar in Vredehoek, do you know it?

keep going up that road past the Spar take second left into Chelsform, group waits there from 06h20 till about 06h??

what is the skill/fitness level needed for the ride? and do you do weekend rides?

All skill levels, literally.

No weekend rides, too difficult to organise.

Skill levels very varied from really timid to crazy

Fitness levels need to be fair that we do not have to wait forever for the last rider to ascend.....

Nice to meet all of you this morning, I had a blast, thanx again.

I need to seriously work on my climbing ability though - another reason why I joined you guys.

Coffee was indeed good after the ride. Heres to joining you guys on many more.

friends, Romans and cats that ride the mountain before work...

I'm sure its stated somewhere in this thread (apologies) but how many times a week do you guys head out and on which days? also on that "fair" level of fitness... are we talking sub 3 argus?

i'll be down in dec so i'm hoping the ride continues until then

thanks

friends, Romans and cats that ride the mountain before work...

I'm sure its stated somewhere in this thread (apologies) but how many times a week do you guys head out and on which days? also on that "fair" level of fitness... are we talking sub 3 argus?

i'll be down in dec so i'm hoping the ride continues until then

thanks

The only official ride is on Wednesday mornings, but there are several other rides organised by Table Mountain Bikers. We do, however tend to call rides left right and center as we please, so best to get a Cell. number to Hairy legs so he can ad you to the watsap group when you're here. Fitness? What's that? Haha, as long as you can climb about 500m without stopping and pushing and or passing out, you should be fine.

I am in for tomorrow and we are doing the classic route from Chelmsford road to meet the riff raff from the Rhodes Mem side at the split .... Jeremy ... see if you can drag that other chap from your office along please.