Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

Hi James

Not sure about group rides.

But give me you number and I Would be happy to sms you when I hit table mountain again, or evdn tokai.

Clyde 083 2323 618

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi James

Not sure about group rides.

But give me you number and I Would be happy to sms you when I hit table mountain again, or evdn tokai.

Clyde 083 2323 618

I'm also keen if you guys are doing any rides 26 Dec - 2 Jan

Group rides back on the 9th of Jan. That's the night ride, Tuesday AM ride. Monday AM road ride is also on the cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Group rides back on the 9th of Jan. That's the night ride, Tuesday AM ride. Monday AM road ride is also on the cards.

I have just moved to Milnerton and I'm looking to join an early morning group ride possibly from Milnerton to town and back, either road or Mtn bikes leaving around 5.30am and back by 7.30ish?

Let me know if this is possible?

Regards,

Gavin

Hi can anybody assist me please, I am a novice mtb rider with more road cycling experience rather than mtb cycling, but stay close to kloofnek and need to get into this mtb, seeing that we have the whole table mountain on our doorstep, but I am not sure whether a group ride will suit me right now as I might hold them back? Any suggestions as a beginner in this?

Thanks

Regards

Roux

How safe is it to leave cars parked at Rhodes Memorial at 630am in the morning?

I think it is very unlikely the usual car break-in suspects will be up that early, but if you feel the least bit unsafe, why not park on campus at UCT where there are several 24 hour guards and security cameras?.When varcity starts, that will be problematic, especially later in the morning.

How safe is it to leave cars parked at Rhodes Memorial at 630am in the morning?

I agree with DJR.

When the UCT students return, the parking lot at the gate to Rhodes Mem starts filling up around 7am (if I recall correctly), and a security guard usually appears later in the morning. Out of term, there are usually a lot of people coming in and out of the Rhodes gate anyway. I've seen runners park their cars there before heading off. I'd say it's as safe as any parking lot.

What I would be more concerned about is returning to your car after the ride, if you do intend on riding back, which I do on the odd occasion that I join this group ride. The mountain can be deserted around 10 am, especially after the Block House intersection heading towards Rhodes Mem, which is known as a crime hotspot.

Edited by Nick.

Hi can anybody assist me please, I am a novice mtb rider with more road cycling experience rather than mtb cycling, but stay close to kloofnek and need to get into this mtb, seeing that we have the whole table mountain on our doorstep, but I am not sure whether a group ride will suit me right now as I might hold them back? Any suggestions as a beginner in this?

Thanks

Regards

Roux

I suggest you join the Tuesday or Wednesday morning ride to gauge your fitness. Those are both pretty relaxed and you can see where you slot in.

Or, switch on your Strava and ride the Mountain Goat TT. I'll check your time and tell you how fit you are (-;

I suggest you join the Tuesday or Wednesday morning ride to gauge your fitness. Those are both pretty relaxed and you can see where you slot in.

Or, switch on your Strava and ride the Mountain Goat TT. I'll check your time and tell you how fit you are (-;

Hi Kundai

Did you just respond via email to me?

I have Strava on my phone, how do I find the Mountain Goat TT on Strava?

Thanks

So some guy's dog attacked me on the mountain yesterday. It bit my leg, but not too badly. But it punctured my tyre on the side wall beyond repair. The guy said he wanted to replace it for me, but changed his mind when I said it was R600.

If you see a dog heading for you, kick it in the head, before it bites you or your bike. That's what I will be doing.

So some guy's dog attacked me on the mountain yesterday. It bit my leg, but not too badly. But it punctured my tyre on the side wall beyond repair. The guy said he wanted to replace it for me, but changed his mind when I said it was R600.

If you see a dog heading for you, kick it in the head, before it bites you or your bike. That's what I will be doing.

Was it an elderly guy? Almost had encounter on Monday with guy and he's dog