Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

...there's a cannondale joke in there somewhere (top photo)

that they left the rider on the right out of the pic?

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No you poepol, he is referring to the canon in the picture ;)

fllluuukkk it .... I was looking at the wrong pic .... this one got my attention

post-46828-0-47286000-1394013597.jpg

Was a good ride / walk

I ended up washing my kit at the gym this morning .... including my shoes :)

H

Owners responsibility - rather take it out/up with him than the dog. I would also insist he pays else report the attack and request the dangerous animal be put down

Surely there are consequences for people who let their dogs attack people? GBH?

I got bitten by a Rottie in Hermanus just before xmas - about R2k for the hospital and medical bills.

I am sick and tired of irresponsible dog owners and their dogs "that don't bite".

What gives dog owners the RIGHT to not have their animals on leashes and then to deny all liability?

• 3 weeks later...

Ride is still up and running if anyone is keen to join us please let me know.

The awesome pics below were taken by one of the riders.

post-5403-0-68124800-1396529769_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-39621600-1396529776_thumb.jpg

I'm coming from the Rhodes gate tomorrow. Anyone else or any regulars I should keep my eye out for? Otherwise, I'll just join up with the group at the Blockhouse climb intersection.

Edited by Nick.

Keen to join you guys one morning... just need to plan ahead for it as I am coming from Bergvliet area.

Keen to join you guys one morning... just need to plan ahead for it as I am coming from Bergvliet area.

Nothing to plan other than bringing coffee money :)

When you get your planning sorted then "pull in cuzzy" ....

haha :thumbup: sounds like a plan for me... but I work from home so will need to turn back at some point and will have to give the coffee a miss :thumbdown:

haha :thumbup: sounds like a plan for me... but I work from home so will need to turn back at some point and will have to give the coffee a miss :thumbdown:

I usually turn around before the coffee and ride back to Rhodes Mem. I don't attend every week but I'm definitely doing it tomorrow. If you're keen to join me, I leave the gate around 6:10am and join the group as they come through the Y intersection on the way up to the Blockhouse. It's roughly 28 km with 1400 m climbing round trip from the gate.

Edited by Nick.

I usually turn around before the coffee and ride back to Rhodes Mem. I don't attend every week but I'm definitely doing it tomorrow. If you're keen to join me, I leave the gate around 6:10am and join the group around 6:45-7ish at the Y intersection on the way up to the Blockhouse. It's roughly 30 km with 1400 m climbing round trip from the gate.

That sounds like a very good plan... numbers does count up on that mountain!

Will let you know if I can make tomorrow morning as I have not exactly worked out on a time to leave my place but definitely next time you are going please let me know :thumbup: thanks

I usually turn around before the coffee and ride back to Rhodes Mem. I don't attend every week but I'm definitely doing it tomorrow. If you're keen to join me, I leave the gate around 6:10am and join the group as they come through the Y intersection on the way up to the Blockhouse. It's roughly 28 km with 1400 m climbing round trip from the gate.

What time do you get back to the gate going up to Rhodes Mem at the end of the ride?

Edited by Tubehunter