Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

Hairy - what speed to you guys normally ride at? and whats the aprox distance from the church street pickup point.

Edited by JGR

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairy - what speed to you guys normally ride at? and whats the aprox distance from the church street pickup point.

Speed is relative to the slowest rider on the day, that just how we roll, as a group.

Distance from Church Str (Altitude 37m above sea level) to Rhodes mem (Altitude 140m above sea level) = about 8km of flat riding and then RM to the top of Tafelberg road before we drop down (Altitude 441m above sea level) = around 9km ...... from there it is all really downhill with a bit of single track to spice things up.

I've read the thread and will be joining you very soon from Rhodes Memorial (as I'm coming from Newlands). I really need to get some regular riding.

Can I just assume its on or should I check in here beforehand?

Edited by Goobacks

I've read the thread and will be joining you very soon from Rhodes Memorial (as I'm coming from Newlands). I really need to get some regular riding.

Can I just assume its on or should I check in here beforehand?

COOL!

Assume it is on every week and if you are unsure, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Just a note that this ride is happening tomorrow if anyone is keen on joining in.

Meet at Church Str Bridge if you are coming from town at 6:10am as we will be coming in from Table View on the first bus to town direction.

Rhodes Mem start will be around 6:40am

Just a note that this ride is happening tomorrow if anyone is keen on joining in.

Meet at Church Str Bridge if you are coming from town at 6:10am as we will be coming in from Table View on the first bus to town direction.

Rhodes Mem start will be around 6:40am

Bus? Bus? My faith is destroyed. A fallen hero. I feel gutted.

Dear Sir

The South Easter is not a great fried of ours coming in from Table View and frankly it give us a chance to do a little chin wag before the ride.

Kindest Regards .......... and you better make sure you are there tomorrow!

Hairy

This mornings ride ..... I really L O V E Cape Town

Thanks to Le Turbo for joining the ride :thumbup:

This mornings ride ..... I really L O V E Cape Town

Thanks to Le Turbo for joining the ride :thumbup:

post-5403-0-03985200-1349251406_thumb.jpg

Yeah! Thanks everyone for the ride ... and for waiting so often. I should change my avatar to Jelly Legs now.

Did you guys get wet? I promise to join when I get my SS rigid bicycle.

There was a little "summer rain" which was rather nice.

Would that rigid SS be your first SS or do your legs have a bit of SS mileage in them .... I ask this as the climb up can be a little "challenging" if you are not SS conditioned and like using all your gear (i.e granny gear) on your geared bike.

When you getting the bike and what are you getting?

Ride is on tomorrow. If anyone is keen, just bring your climbing legs along for the ride.