Wednesday Morning Table Mountain Ride

Hairy

Yip ... last week I was on the SS and just could not manage the hills (Baby teething and just about no sleep for a couple of evenings) so I figured this week the Shova could be let out a little .... next week might be the SS again as the little one seems to be sleeping through once again.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 ... that's just about my view every morning as I wake up! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm just about the luckiest, most blessed sod who ever lived.

4 ... that's just about my view every morning as I wake up! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm just about the luckiest, most blessed sod who ever lived.

Then you need to join us one morning :)

:thumbup: Thanks Such Cool riding to be done before work :w00t:
If I can somehow get up earlier in the morning then I'd love to join you guys - did a 6am in Tokai on my tod this morning - :thumbup:

I am every two weeks in CT for two weeks, not at my fittest ( struggling to climb but able to do a 100km) but would like to partner up, when I am down in CT I stay in Melkbos, I heard there is a nice track at Koeberg but surely very flat? Anybody doing riding that side on mtb?

Every Wednesday we do this ride, there is a fair bit of climbing involved with the reward being that you come down again.

Koeberg is flat, but offers great views and a bit of wild life.

Then you need to join us one morning :)

I'd like to Hairy, but I've gotto get a MTB first. But that path looks pretty reasonable. Do you think I could cyclocross my old steel Le Turbo roadbike (it's tough as nails)?

I'd like to Hairy, but I've gotto get a MTB first. But that path looks pretty reasonable. Do you think I could cyclocross my old steel Le Turbo roadbike (it's tough as nails)?

Sure ... just make sure you bring along your ICE details ;) and I will arrange a GoPro cam

For those wanting to trek in from Table View or fall in along the route:

• 4:50am - Leave Sunningdale from the windmill
  • 5:00am - Leave Bayside Traffic lights (From here till the Church Str
  • Bridge all riding will be on the BRT cycle Lane)
  • 5:15am - Leave from the Paddocks
  • 5:25am - Leave from Wood Bridge Island
  • 6:00am - Leave from Church Street Bridge
  • 6:30am - Leave from Rhodes Mem

The pace is medium and a reasonable level of fitness is required, due to this ride being before work, we try and make sure we hit certain time markers so that we can still get a cup of coffee at about 8:00 / 8:15am in town.

Edited by Hairy

Morning All

The ride is on for tomorrow.

There are a couple of Hubbers indicating they want to join ... anybody else?

Regards

Hairy

Morning All

The ride is on for tomorrow.

There are a couple of Hubbers indicating they want to join ... anybody else?

Regards

Hairy

I'm in. Same route as last time? ..I shall notify the italian fruitarian if he also wants to join... :thumbup:

Excellent .... we will meet you at the Church Str bridge then and the Italian sent me a Whats App last night or rather this morning at 12:49am saying he will let me know ...... I am not liking him very much as I was having a good deep sleep at that time :)

Thanks to all those who did the ride this morning, it was great to see the new faces out there.

Also apologies RE the little late start.

Below are a couple of pics from this morning for those who missed out.

post-5403-0-88805800-1334133590.jpg