Hatred of Cyclists

Hype

Yep,  we have a lad at home still, and dogs, and horses and a small business. I get home every 3 months for about a month, and she has been her once before.  Home is Louis Trichardt. (Spent a few hours researching standby gensets - the  business needs power and Escom are reluctant to share)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how old's the little dude? what's his name?

sorry, if i'm being nosy, but i'm a very proud dad myself
holy roller2007-11-16 11:32:27

Just a notice from the club, looks like one of the club members also showed the finger to a motorist and raised it to the club. Since the Club has a very big and well known sponsor, it is very bad publicity for them and will cause them to with draw if they get bad publicity like this.

Lets all try and just wave to them and ignore them and KEEP LEFT!!!!

The youngest is 19, right now Kath has 3/4 with her. Our Eldest came home from London for her 30th Birthday, goes back Sunday.  The 21 year old Daughter arrived this week from Durban where she is studing. Another lad is working in Jhb. a whole Tribe.

The Londonite commutes to work by bike which saves her a whole hour a day and 23 pound a week. I bought her a cateye LD1000 rear and El 320 front lite to take back (Amazing what you can do from 10000Km away)

Water bottles cost money that why i havent thrown one yet

Main Rd Muizenburg - big trucks come past very close on purpose or not, still gives me the "grille". You take a double breath and hope he doesnt have a second trailer. But There are times when some of these big trucks wait for the oncoming traffic to subside and then they over take. Those guys give them a thumbs upThumbs%20Up and a wave Hugand that goes along way. Those dudes who like to mess with us just wave and tell him to F ---off, no fingers. I just cant understand how any car can drive past at the speeds they do past us. When i pass a cyclist even the gardner going to work in the suburbs, i crawl past, it hopefully gives the people behind an understanding maybe an education.

it is the same with horse riding in the suburbs, the road is only used when there is no pavement. Sometimes again no education and they drive past at speed and hoot, that on an animal.

thats my 5c worth

you sound like a very proud dad. very cool. and parenting from so far away? even cooler! bif respect!

mine are closer, although i want to box their ears tonight. haha! it's been raining (and you know all about rain down there!) and they've got cabin fever after just a few hours. 

give your other half an extra big squeeze when you see her.

seen any interesting road kill lately? 

Water bottles cost money that why i havent thrown one yet

Main Rd Muizenburg - big trucks come past very close on purpose or not' date=' still gives me the "grille". You take a double breath and hope he doesnt have a second trailer. But There are times when some of these big trucks wait for the oncoming traffic to subside and then they over take. Those guys give them a thumbs upThumbs%20Up and a wave Hugand that goes along way. Those dudes who like to mess with us just wave and tell him to F ---off, no fingers. I just cant understand how any car can drive past at the speeds they do past us. When i pass a cyclist even the gardner going to work in the suburbs, i crawl past, it hopefully gives the people behind an understanding maybe an education.

it is the same with horse riding in the suburbs, the road is only used when there is no pavement. Sometimes again no education and they drive past at speed and hoot, that on an animal.

thats my 5c worth
[/quote']

i mentioned earlier on this thread and elsewhere on the hub i've read that some people have actually seen better behaviour on the roads from (some) taxis and trucks than private motorists. you're right, hot stuff, always acknowledge someone doing you a good turn   

20071116_115152_Snake.jpg

Road kill - George got to hold the snake' date=' I bravely took the picture. It measured at 4 metres[/quote']

yikes!!!!! i wonder if death by showing off road kill is covered by life insurance! 

well, guy in pink, you've scared me. the storm's scaring my baby breandan, so it's off to bed with me (in the indoor campsite now that lads&dads was cancelled). but we'll chat soon. and i tell you how i fared over sylvia's ass. goodnight hubbers. sleep tight all. and a special hubber friend greets me every day: be safeWink