Recommended Bike Stands

Handlebar

Oh I get it. Soz Chris.

But there is a lot of negativity about them. Anyways I think that's already been discussed to death.

I'd still like to know what that bike stand/workstation was that I saw at the Crater Cruise.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Handlebar...CRC are legends, its LBS of choice for most of the hubbers, myself included.

Here you go, nice cheap and cheerful and being parktool, a quality product.

http://www.chainreac...px?ModelID=5787

I'm in the market for one, Is this the bottom of the range? What about this one;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12702

Any recommendations which to rather go with? Also which of the Topeak models should I look at, bearing in mind I want to also get some tools

I'm in the market for one, Is this the bottom of the range? What about this one;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12702

Any recommendations which to rather go with? Also which of the Topeak models should I look at, bearing in mind I want to also get some tools

Yea the one in my link is the entry level parktool one, and to be honest it's great value...the only difference between the one you mention and the entry level one is the setup is quicker and easier...not worth the extra 400 odd zars imo.

Look you get very fancy ones with built-in scales etc etc, but if it was my money, I would get the entry level parktool.

Yea the one in my link is the entry level parktool one, and to be honest it's great value...the only difference between the one you mention and the entry level one is the setup is quicker and easier...not worth the extra 400 odd zars imo.

Look you get very fancy ones with built-in scales etc etc, but if it was my money, I would get the entry level parktool.

Ok cool, thanks for that. :thumbup:

Last year some guy advertised a stand for a good price. (Use search function) Turns out that he copied the same design that STRIDES copied and there was a huge outcry from JB as he sells the Stride stand. Go read it and remember the popcorn.

Last year some guy advertised a stand for a good price. (Use search function) Turns out that he copied the same design that STRIDES copied and there was a huge outcry from JB as he sells the Stride stand. Go read it and remember the popcorn.

You make one mistake my friend. The outcry was not because I sell Strides stands. The outcry was because an injustice was done. If you know me, you'll know where I stand on issues like that and that I don't keep quiet.

What are you trying to achieve by digging up this incident? It is a rhetoric question, by the way.

You make one mistake my friend. The outcry was not because I sell Strides stands. The outcry was because an injustice was done. If you know me, you'll know where I stand on issues like that and that I don't keep quiet.

What are you trying to achieve by digging up this incident? It is a rhetoric question, by the way.

Yes you are right. The injustice was proven that both that local guy and strides copied from the same place.

By digging up this incident I gave the person looking for a nice stand the oportunity to look at that local stand that was copied at the same place as the strides stand. I cant remember what the price was but I thought he might be interrested to know that he can get a similar stand than the Strides one that you suggested maybe for a better price. On the pics it looked like better quality than the Strides too.

Isnt this the whole idea behind a public forum for likeminded people? Someone post for info and everyone reply their 2 cents worth.

Maybe if its a rhetorical question you should go back to that post and state this new rhetorical evidence there as I do recall you had nothing good to say about the poor oke who just tried to sell his stands.

Popcorn

Yes you are right. The injustice was proven that both that local guy and strides copied from the same place.

By digging up this incident I gave the person looking for a nice stand the oportunity to look at that local stand that was copied at the same place as the strides stand. I cant remember what the price was but I thought he might be interrested to know that he can get a similar stand than the Strides one that you suggested maybe for a better price. On the pics it looked like better quality than the Strides too.

Isnt this the whole idea behind a public forum for likeminded people? Someone post for info and everyone reply their 2 cents worth.

Maybe if its a rhetorical question you should go back to that post and state this new rhetorical evidence there as I do recall you had nothing good to say about the poor oke who just tried to sell his stands.

Popcorn

If you had prices & more info on both stands, it would help tremendously. At the moment it looks like you're just stirring ;)

Hi Guys,

I have never ordered from CRC before. Besides the obvious delivery fees what other expenses and fees do I need to consider?

Thanks

Is the scale really needed? It would be nice though :)

Its a nice touch but worth the extra moola...mmmm dunno?

What I think is far better feature is a little work tray attached to stand's tube...

Is the scale really needed? It would be nice though :)

Only if you want to weigh things :D

I ordered the scale as an extra as I was busy investigating tyres weights and needed an accurate scale for comparisons.

I must say its come in handy and I use it quite a bit but the basic stand comes without it

I've got the ParkTool PCS9 workstand and not sure how I ever managed without it. Its very stable, adjustable, the rubber clamp won't damage your precious carbon fibre frame, and can be folded up easily in seconds if it needs to be stored away somewhere.

Its a nice touch but worth the extra moola...mmmm dunno?

What I think is far better feature is a little work tray attached to stand's tube...

Yeah, I saw that. You can get it as an extra, not sure if it works on the bottom of the range Park Tool stand.

It is a nice extra to have the scale though :thumbup:

Mmmmm, damn this confusion :wacko:

I have this one which I think is the same one Chris has works like a charm very happy with it.

http://www.thehubsa....00#entry1317100

I also got it from CRC no hassles and no duty just paid the vat

I can't find this at CRC, how much did you pay? My bad I found it, R1900 excluding the scale & tray.

Edited by Caerus