Best value for money

HO

I'm looking at upgrading to a soft tail with a budget of around R15k. The Merida 120 800 does appeal to me, but is there any better alternatives?

what type of riding do you do?

I'm a weekend warrior. A littlebit of everything and the odd race here and there.

Well I bought a Merida 120-1500 for 15.5k! Such a sweet bike! Brand new, full XT, awesome shocks and great for both trail and XCM rides. So many marathons are tending towards more and more single track, trail bikes are becoming more usefull for them if you not planing on winning! :clap: Can definately recomened it.

The 120 is a nice bike but take one for a demo ride before you put your money down...Have you considered secondhand, there are some good deals on the hub from time to time especially with the 29'er boom. You could get yourself an awesome bike within your budget if you are patient.

• 2 weeks later...

Frosty, also looking at the Merida 120-1500, just been quoted 17.9k. Would like to know where you got yours for 15.5k.

bought mine a month or so ago, fantastic all round. I'll recommend it to anyone (120 1500d)