Tri-athlon gear in the western cape

GLuvsMtb

Hi fellow hubbers.

I need help in finding a good second hand tri-athlon wetsuit in the CBD / Norhtern subs of Cape Town. I don't feel like forking out many ZAR for a brand new state of the art Orca and then discover that I don't like the tri-athlon scene.

One suggestion was the Tri Shop - 304 Durban Road Tyger Valley. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

try a Profile Design Wahoo suit, usually retails around R3200.00 for a new suit and you have piece of mind that no-one has pee'd in it before you :clap:

try a Profile Design Wahoo suit, usually retails around R3200.00 for a new suit and you have piece of mind that no-one has pee'd in it before you :clap:

Which shops stock these wetsuits?

Which shops stock these wetsuits?

not sure, The Tri Shop or any Cape Town store will be able to get from us if they don't have stock. (I work for Profile Design)

Try Coral wetsuit in Woodstock

http://www.coralwetsuits.co.za/

I had a custom wetsuit make up for me, with triathlon arms and normal surfing wetsuit body for R1200 (last year).

Managed a 1:08 with it at ironman, now I use it to kite surf.

You can go back and have it altered for free, if they did not get the cut right.

I have to agree that Coral Wetsuits is your best bet.

They'll measure you up and a custom made wetsuit will be yours for a lot less than you think.

I agree with thug, I use a coral tri wetsuit and they are great. R2000 compared to the imported brands new is a steal.

Not a good idea to buy a sencond hand wetsuit. Rather buy a new entry level suit for early R2k.

• 1 month later...

Hi there Guys

Morewood Mad I am not sure if you invested yet in a suit? I am Terry from Xterra and am round the corner from where you are. I would be more than happy to meet up with you to have a swim. You are not obligated to buy. If anything it's a test drive. I have a couple of demo suits available size dependant and you could end up with a great deal.

We also do rentals so if you would like to rent out a suit for a couple of weeks prior to the event to get used to the suit and then for race day I am sure we can help you.

If any of your friends and family need help. Give me a call.

All the best Terry.

Xterra Wetsuits

I can vouch for terry and Xterra! Great wetsuits and better service!

+1. I got a great deal and I'm very happy with my Xterra suit.

another option is to look at www.fluidlines.co.za they might have last year's Orca models at reduced prices, but they are in the Strand if I'm correct

just asking why you're getting a wetsuit already if you're still checking out the triathlon scene. IMO its only Ironman that you need a wetsuit for, the rest is just as good in a baggy.

you'll be faster on shorter events without a wetsuit too, unless you train how to get out of it quick enough

Howzit Guys Terry from Xterra here.

Rudi H does have a point if you swimming in sprint tri in a dam then a la speedo or tri suit could be the best bet.

However if you are training or planning to do an event in the sea with cold tempretures or you are not strong then I suggest getting a suit.

Use the suit in short events to work on your transition time ;) And if you are new and dredding the swim it will also give you confidence and peace of mind which equates to less energy expenditure.

check out www.xterrawetsuits.com or mail me on

terry@xterrawetsuits.co.za if you need any help.

Ps Sam you could be in trouble if call Ana a man :)

Have a great weekend guys.

Anyone interested in a XTERRA NEOPRENE SWIM CAP.:clap: