Prizes from cycling magazine not recieved

Cippo

Has anyone else written a letter to the editor of a magazine and is still waiting to recieve the prize months later.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else written a letter to the editor of a magazine and is still waiting to recieve the prize months later.

What was the prize? Must be cool if it is worth waiting months for?

Apair of sunglasses

Guest agteros

What did they say when you phoned to follow up? You did do that didn't you?

No, but I often wonder about competitions.

I read somewhere that internationally many competitions are never finalised, (ie) The competition is just a front to get your contact info and no prize is ever awarded.

I mean I can understand this, just think about it, how many times do you enter a competition and never really follow up?...all the time I recon.! I have never followed up on a competition ever to see who actually won, most times its just a slip of paper we fill in and hand over and we never have any further contact info anyway.

Usually (and I dont believe I am the exception) I forget about it just after entering, and if I never hear anything I just assume I never won,.... but think about it, maybe unscruplous vendors also know this, and so just close the competition and never award the prize.?

Ag, who knows, maybe I am just a sceptical old bugger...... :unsure: ....Anyway I hope your sunnies come to light!.

Guest agteros

No, but I often wonder about competitions.

I read somewhere that internationally many competitions are never finalised, (ie) The competition is just a front to get your contact info and no prize is ever awarded.

I mean I can understand this, just think about it, how many times do you enter a competition and never really follow up?...all the time I recon.! I have never followed up on a competition ever to see who actually won, most times its just a slip of paper we fill in and hand over and we never have any further contact info anyway.

Usually (and I dont believe I am the exception) I forget about it just after entering, and if I never hear anything I just assume I never won,.... but think about it, maybe unscruplous vendors also know this, and so just close the competition and never award the prize.?

Ag, who knows, maybe I am just a sceptical old bugger...... :unsure: ....Anyway I hope your sunnies come to light!.

A few years ago I challenged a time share selling scheme as to where they got my contact details. Apparently it was a competition I entered...

A few years ago I challenged a time share selling scheme as to where they got my contact details. Apparently it was a competition I entered...

wait wait let me guess they phoned you to tell you, you'r one of the finalists for a cherry car lol? (for which i never ever entered)

my humor ran out very quickly the second time they tried to call me lol

Guest agteros

I tend to give them a huge run around. Cannot care about them just trying to do a job. I'm returning the favour of wasted time so I ask the most arbitrary questions, quoting down to the paragraph legislation that does not exist. Alternatively, acting nice but retarded... Never get personal though!

I'm actually hoping to make it to some 'stay away from this idiot' list as I tend to just waste their time.

I still have a quite a target to beat. My brother once kept and oke on the line for thirty minutes talking about cultural differences and family.

Colleague of mine nearly sold a second hand cellphone to one of Autopage Cellular's sales agents who cold-called him to sell a cell contract.

I tend to give them a huge run around. Cannot care about them just trying to do a job. I'm returning the favour of wasted time so I ask the most arbitrary questions, quoting down to the paragraph legislation that does not exist. Alternatively, acting nice but retarded... Never get personal though!

I'm actually hoping to make it to some 'stay away from this idiot' list as I tend to just waste their time.

I still have a quite a target to beat. My brother once kept and oke on the line for thirty minutes talking about cultural differences and family.

Colleague of mine nearly sold a second hand cellphone to one of Autopage Cellular's sales agents who cold-called him to sell a cell contract.

that is so classic :clap: i needed that laugh lol.

from now on what i'm thinking of doing. is saying "please just hold on for a second", then putting the phone down and walking away and and then seeing how long it took them to realize that i didnt want to talk to them :devil:

Guest agteros

The moment I get a call from a private number, and without introduction from the other side, they want to know whether they are speaking to mister so-and-so I know it is game on time :)

I never acknowledge who I am, normally replies with 'It depends' / 'Who are you?'

I've even once after 5 minutes, told them I'm somebody else. Gave the lady such a run-around acting nice but retarded (I put down the phone, needed to laugh!), she phone me back, and I just kept on acting dumb and nice. A bloke phoned later,asking to speak to the fake name I gave her, so it was game on time again! Never heard from them again.

Tell you, if I recorded that series of phone calls Wackhead Simpson would have aired it on his phone pranks!

Someone I know often gives them (them being call centres/telephonic marketing crowds) an amazing run-around...

One of these run-arounds included a time when the conversation went something like this:(this is not made up)

Telephone lady: What is your occupation?

Someone: I'm a "stripper" (in a rather pansy, yet convincing "guy" voice)

Telephone lady: (slightly nervous laugh), and after asking him to repeat the answer, asks- are you married or in a relationship?

Someone: yes, I do have a partner.(again-in a poofter voice)

Telephone lady:what occupation is your partner involved in?

Someone: he is a masseuse

Telephone: once again more nervous laughter but this time uncertainty.

Someone: yes that is correct, we work from home...

Telephone: May I ask- hesitation- your approximate income?

Someone: We earn more than R70000 a month daaarling. We have very nice jobs. (lady voice again)

Telephone: This time a gasp of shock accompanied by the obligatory "haibo'- even audible by us listening nearby.

This comversation continued in a similar manner until all questions were answered.

The funniest thing was the caller didn't know whether it was a joke or serious, and really didn't know how to behave!!!

I went against my being and entered a comp at a garage one the way home one night. Pie, choc milk, rennies - yes I had a beer or two.

Got called about a week later to say i won a Blackberry - it all came back to me, i laughed it off and gave them my address - received a Blackberry a week later.

Call them and write until they get so peeved at you that they deliver - free has never been too expensive....

Guest agteros

Someone I know often gives them (them being call centres/telephonic marketing crowds) an amazing run-around...

One of these run-arounds included a time when the conversation went something like this:(this is not made up)

Telephone lady: What is your occupation?

Someone: I'm a "stripper" (in a rather pansy, yet convincing "guy" voice)

Telephone lady: (slightly nervous laugh), and after asking him to repeat the answer, asks- are you married or in a relationship?

Someone: yes, I do have a partner.(again-in a poofter voice)

Telephone lady:what occupation is your partner involved in?

Someone: he is a masseuse

Telephone: once again more nervous laughter but this time uncertainty.

Someone: yes that is correct, we work from home...

Telephone: May I ask- hesitation- your approximate income?

Someone: We earn more than R70000 a month daaarling. We have very nice jobs. (lady voice again)

Telephone: This time a gasp of shock accompanied by the obligatory "haibo'- even audible by us listening nearby.

This comversation continued in a similar manner until all questions were answered.

The funniest thing was the caller didn't know whether it was a joke or serious, and really didn't know how to behave!!!

I just NEED to do something like this at some time :)

This reminds me slightly of the sums thread