Morewood Zula fork length advise

banna

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a Morewood Zula. I'm riding with a Rockshox SID XX 100mm upfront. I'm thinking of putting on a 120mm fork as the Zula is such a playful bike, that I think it could possibly be an even better ride with a slightly longer fork. Has anyone perhaps tried a 120mm fork on their Zula (or any other 4 inch travel bike)? Was does it do the bike's handling? Does it make it a bit more sluggish (less nippy)

I'm riding with a mid rize riser bar at the moment. Would I have to go straight bar to have it feel the same way if I put the longer fork on?

WOuld appreciate your feedback. Don't wanna spend money on a new fork if it's gonna bugger up the bike's feel.

It might void your frame warranty, I am speaking under correction here, check it out with Morewood themselves before fitting the fork

It might void your frame warranty, I am speaking under correction here, check it out with Morewood themselves before fitting the fork

Cool thx. Good point.

They do approve of 100 - 120mm travel forks and from those I know who have the Zula a 120mm fork is the way to go.

Also see this review below

CLICK HERE

get your sid converted to 120.

I am going to be setting mine back from 120 to 100.

Hmm...didn't know its possible to extend the SID.

yip if its an xx it can

Great stuff. Gonna give it a bash and see what the bike feels like with a bit more travel. If it sux, then just adjust the fork back to 100mm.

I have a 120mm Reba on my Zula. I have not tried the 100mm alternative, so I can't comment on any subtle differences between the 2.

The 120mm allows me to do much more than what I thought I would be comfortable with. I also ride a flat bar and have not had any issues with steep climbs or lower back problems. The pro pedal and remote lockout on the front also allows me to stiffen her up a bit for those long 10 to 15% climbs on good surfaces.

Great stuff. Gonna give it a bash and see what the bike feels like with a bit more travel. If it sux, then just adjust the fork back to 100mm.

Make sure they give you your spacer back or else you will have to pay for it if you convert back. Tell them you want it back when it goes in.

I have a 120mm Reba on my Zula. I have not tried the 100mm alternative, so I can't comment on any subtle differences between the 2.

The 120mm allows me to do much more than what I thought I would be comfortable with. I also ride a flat bar and have not had any issues with steep climbs or lower back problems. The pro pedal and remote lockout on the front also allows me to stiffen her up a bit for those long 10 to 15% climbs on good surfaces.

Ja, the flat bar is probably a good idea, just to still keep the racy feel. I currently ride with a rizer bar, so if you increase the fork travel, but change to flat bar, the bike should pretty much feel the same. Quite an interesting test!

Make sure they give you your spacer back or else you will have to pay for it if you convert back. Tell them you want it back when it goes in.

Cool. Will do.

• 1 month later...

How did this pan out, 100 or 120 is better?

Well I have a 150mm Revelation on my AM bike, so I guess I'm always gonna be biased towards having more travel. But ja, I luv the 120mm on the Zula. In fact I've ordered a 120mm Fox to replace the SID with. The SID is just too stiff/harsh.

Ja, the flat bar is probably a good idea, just to still keep the racy feel. I currently ride with a rizer bar, so if you increase the fork travel, but change to flat bar, the bike should pretty much feel the same. Quite an interesting test!

Instead of going to a flat bar, just drop the height of the stem by a couple of spacers and if you are already at the lowest it can go and you want to drop it a little more then just flip the stem so that it has a negative rise.