What a nice birthday present/STOLEN BIKES RANDPARK RIDGE

Cg_S

Looks like bicycles hanging/standing loose in a garage is quite common. Lock them up.

I recently had my dad built racks from which the bicyles rest on the top tubes, and bought two cable locks, wheels frame, everything is locked. No one's gonna take my bikes easily...

Exactly, don't feel like giving away my stuff that easily. It seems a very common thing to have your bike stolen from ones courtyard & garage. Just makes sense to lock it up, but each to their own I suppose.

Thats sucks big time!!

Hi Guys, there is a bunch of guys where you can register your bike with your bike serial number, I think the cost is round R80 per year, I think we should promote this to get our hard earned and loved bikes back, google it - the website was something like NBRSA.co.za (national bike registry south africa).

Do not stop at pawn shops, I drive past a squatter camp every day and I have seen Mongoose, connondale, wheeler pro and Scott bikes riding around - I am sure nobody has the guts to approach any of them.

Thats sucks big time!!

Hi Guys, there is a bunch of guys where you can register your bike with your bike serial number, I think the cost is round R80 per year, I think we should promote this to get our hard earned and loved bikes back, google it - the website was something like NBRSA.co.za (national bike registry south africa).

Do not stop at pawn shops, I drive past a squatter camp every day and I have seen Mongoose, connondale, wheeler pro and Scott bikes riding around - I am sure nobody has the guts to approach any of them.

There is one guy, MobileBikeTec - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/102848-giant-trance-0-whtsilver-l/page__p__1395067__hl__stolen__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=1395067. Would love to have seen this go down :clap:

I live in Frangipani Crescent, Randpark Ridge and have donated a laptop and a mountain bike. The mountain bike was in the garage BUT pedestrian gate was left unlocked one night by kids and the laptop was stolen through an open window one night when the electric fence was off. So both cases could have been prevented. I do 4h30 early morning runs and must admit I see lots of potentially dubious characters walking around in the dark at that time of the morning.

Eish Chaunce. Bad news indeed. It really sucks. :(

Hope you still had a fair birthday in spite of the affirmative shopping.

Good luck getting the police to do anything at all. Last year, I had my trailer with all my camping gear shopped in much the same way and the cops took my statement, gave me a case number and nothing else. :angry:

I have my bikes locked up with combination locks, through rawlbolt eyelets in the walls while they hang. The only thing you can remove like this is the rear wheels.

How did they manage to get all this stuff without anyone noticing? It can't easy to steal 4 bikes.

Thats sucks big time!!

OK, maybe this is a k@k vraag...but where do i look to find my bike's serial #?

I've been washing that baby for two years - every weekend...surely i could not have missed that important piece of info??? :blink:

OK, maybe this is a k@k vraag...but where do i look to find my bike's serial #?

I've been washing that baby for two years - every weekend...surely i could not have missed that important piece of info??? :blink:

Its normally stamped underneath the BB

Its normally stamped underneath the BB

aaahh...found it!! Never paid much attention to THAT... :blush:

Ignorance is bliss, they say...