looking to build a crest 29er wheelset

wapad

Splat the gold 29er wheels in question were build by the guy at Intl Trade (Hope agents) and double butted dt competitions were used, at least that is what i paid for.

I had a look @ your advert before I posted:

Gold Hope pro 2 EVO Hubs

DT swiss Champ spokes

ZTR crest Rims

BTW, Nice wheels and R4k is a good deal!

Edited by splat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look @ your advert before I posted:

Gold Hope pro 2 EVO Hubs

DT swiss Champ spokes

ZTR crest Rims

BTW, R4k is a good deal!

Apologies thats my error then, will fix it

Have the invoice to prove double butted comps were used

I suppose it doesnt actually matter, im withdrawing add as i sold the spare set of crest rims i had which i was going to use for a different colour build

Looks like the fish will be a bok supporter in Green and Gold

What a fallacy.

I am no wheel builder, so can't get too deep in a technical argument conversation.

But I understand that the double butted spoke stretches more in the middle, thus reducing the stress/strain at the ends where the spoke might snap at the J-Bend. That leads to a more durable wheel (?)

I am no wheel builder, so can't get too deep in a technical argument conversation.

But I understand that the double butted spoke stretches more in the middle, thus reducing the stress/strain at the ends where the spoke might snap at the J-Bend. That leads to a more durable wheel (?)

By nature MTB wheels don't last, they get dinged, all the time and inevitably they need to be re-built.'

So the oke who built for durability or for life is fooling himself or needs to get out more.

People also say you can't build 29'er wheels 2 cross and also not to use Revolution spokes.

I have two wheel-sets I have built for myself in this "unorthodox" fashion, and I have not had a days worth of trouble.

You just get people who talk a lot, plenty warra, warra and this and that and try and impose their beliefs on others, just so they can look like they are clever legends.

I have two wheel-sets I have built for myself in this "unorthodox" fashion, and I have not had a days worth of trouble.

Dangle, I remember that people were sceptical of the Roval's radial and 3-cross pattern. What's your experience of those?

ZTR crests is awesome, I ride it where I want to over what I want to and had no problems so far, the only time I had aa buckled wheel was when a bakkie hit me on the front wheel. The bst is the bomb you almost never hit you rim so can go with much less air. I think they are great. Dont know about weight limit I only weigh 60kg. . .