Service - Rave

Chubba

A big thank you to Fanie for servicing my Zula, you did an outstanding job and went above an beyond what i initially expected.

Fanie collected my bike from my home on Tuesday evening and gave me a shout on Wednesday to give me a quick run down of what he was going to do and if i had any particular issues i wanted him to look at. I felt my disc pads needed to be replaced, but i was not sure what the best would be for wet and dry weather. The bike also needed a service.

He gave me a call on Wednesday night to let me know that he had done some work on the bike and did some research on pads and recommended kevlar/resin. He also explained my headset bearings were toast and needed replacing. I asked if he could organize a spare set of pads for safety sake and a rear dropout. He also noticed my rear derailleur cable had been scuffed and asked if i wanted it replaced.

Today i got a call from Fanie as he wanted to deliver my bike and explained what he did:

1. New rear pads and spare set

2. Spare rear hanger/dropout

3. And a service that included:

- Headset service (i needed 2 new bearings)

- checked my wheels and tightened my spokes

- checked my BB and greased

- oiled my cabling

- checked my brakes to see if they needed to be bled and then set my brakes and gearing

- He checked my chain, cassette and drive train/cranks and explained that they all looked good and no need to replace.

- checked my pivot points and cleaned

- checked my rotors and found a ding on the rear rotor and straightened for me

- he washed and polished my bike

All of this for R860.00 (including parts, service, pickup and drop-off)

All i can saw is WOW, what incredible service.

So here is Fanie Kok's details for anyone else that wants to experience superb service - 0722265841 faniekok@gmail.com :clap:

Edited by Chubba

Did you pay cash or EFT?

Do you have enduro bearings?

The cabling is not the nicest to deal with on the ZULA's.

Where is he based?

Did you pay cash or EFT?

Do you have enduro bearings?

The cabling is not the nicest to deal with on the ZULA's.

Where is he based?

EFT - paid that evening, after he had dropped the bike off.

Not to sure on the bearings - what are enduro bearings?

Fortunately i have no idea how to do cabling, i leave that to some one with patience!

I have no idea where he is based, i stay on the Atlantic Seaboard. Will ask him and let you know.

Well done Fanie :)

Now you really have no excuses tomorrow chubba :)

the bike is never the issue, my skiny legs are! :blink: