Intense bikes

banna

Nice looking ride Quickdraw!

Not a weird build at all, a light parts set makes for a very quick all-round machine. I've found the 5.5 to be so incredibly versatile... If you crank up the shock pressure, minimise the U-turn and run a light build, it's actually a not-slow-at-all XC steed, but soften it up again and let the fork out longer and it turns into a descending monster. Is that a 120/150 Rev you're running?

Thanks man, yep it is a 120-150 u-turn team Rev. From what I hear the axle to crown length is the same as the 140mm. Really dig the ride, although I have never been flipped over the bars as many times in all my life - think I should go down to a 160mm rotor in front again :lol:

Though she might be up for sale depending on the mood and if offers are reasonable :unsure:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man, yep it is a 120-150 u-turn team Rev. From what I hear the axle to crown length is the same as the 140mm. Really dig the ride, although I have never been flipped over the bars as many times in all my life - think I should go down to a 160mm rotor in front again :lol:

...or alternatively just don't brake... :D

Though she might be up for sale depending on the mood and if offers are reasonable :unsure:

You might find the "over the bars" vibe is because the rear ramps before the front does, put more Pos air in the fork. Or run it at 130mm. It use to happen to me, I was running a 120mm reba on my 100 zula. when the rear started running out of travel the front would stil be compressing fast, so the rear feels like it kicks up because the front actually dives deeper/below level.

use it- dont use it

Thanks will give it a try. I think most of my "over the bars" stints have been a result of the bike inspiring too much confidence.

The first flip was actually as a result of the tire bead losing it's connection with the rims sidewall when I hit a corner. Heard a snapping sounds front did a little slide then grip thing and away I went :blush:

Just came across this thread.

Well here is a picture of an Intense Uzzi VPX that I built up last year. It truly was an amazing machine but I sold the frame due to having to many toys in the garage :blush:

post-18902-0-31317400-1306386781.jpg

Just came across this thread.

Well here is a picture of an Intense Uzzi VPX that I built up last year. It truly was an amazing machine but I sold the frame due to having to many toys in the garage :blush:

Jeez Louise it looks bad ass in black :drool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Calling all Intense riders or fans. Lets see your bikes or if you don't own one, put up a pic of somoeone else's. I know of 2 other Hubbers who's got Intense's, but surely there's gotto be more? Attached is a pic of my Tracer

Hierso is my vyf punt vyf en ek geniet hom baie :devil: .

post-4006-0-69987700-1314643067.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...