Industry 9 wheels

banna

Is anyone riding with Industry 9 wheels? Need some feedback as to reliability and support for them in SA. Who's the agent in SA?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't afford them, but I have nver heard anything bad about them. Some say they are in the CK league, just less well known. Someone pasted a great article with the various high end hubs recently.

Can't afford them, but I have nver heard anything bad about them. Some say they are in the CK league, just less well known. Someone pasted a great article with the various high end hubs recently.

Same here, only heard good things, but alas out of my price range. The Hubs are the bomb :drool:

Same here, only heard good things, but alas out of my price range. The Hubs are the bomb :drool:

Thx guys. I've been looking at the Crankbrothers wheels (Cobalts & Iodines), but it sounds like they have issues with the freewheel bodies. Don't wanna spend a fortune and then get stuck somewhere in the outback with a wheel that's packed up.

I know rush sports brings them in...

give their site a visit. My link

Cool thx. Jeesh, but they're expensive.

Thx guys. I've been looking at the Crankbrothers wheels (Cobalts & Iodines), but it sounds like they have issues with the freewheel bodies. Don't wanna spend a fortune and then get stuck somewhere in the outback with a wheel that's packed up.

Cool thx. Jeesh, but they're expensive.

Yup! like caad4 said... they're in the same region as Cris Kings.

But for a few grams more... and quite a few grand less... I'd go with Hope Pro II Evo's. Brilliant hubs... very reliable, low maintenance... and way cheaper

Yup! like caad4 said... they're in the same region as Cris Kings.

But for a few grams more... and quite a few grand less... I'd go with Hope Pro II Evo's. Brilliant hubs... very reliable, low maintenance... and way cheaper

Hmmm...ja, that's probably the way to go. It just needs to be tough. Gonna be used for AM purposes and not for pissing about on jeeptrack.

Hmmm...ja, that's probably the way to go. It just needs to be tough. Gonna be used for AM purposes and not for pissing about on jeeptrack.

oh heck yeah! I have Hope Pro II's laced to Spank Spike rims on my DH bike (20mm Thru Axle up front and a 12x150mm Thru Axle at the rear). Bomb Proof!

Build them onto some Sun Ringle MTX 29 (or 31's or 39's if you're wanting more bomb proof) Welded Rims and you'll have an awesome wheelset.

If you're wanting a complete wheelset, also look at the Nuke Proof Generator AM wheels. I had a set on my FR bike, now on my 4X bike, and I have a friend running them on his top end DH rig.

The Nuke Proofs go for just over 3k a set. If you're wanting to go big spender, Mavc Dee Max is the way to go (if you can find them locally... CRC doesn't ship them outside the EU)... sure they're classified as DH wheels, but they're super light so will work well on an AM rig

Hope Website here

The following types are available and can be interchanged with additional spacers/axles which are available separately: - Front QR - Front 9mm - Front 20mm - Front 15mm - Front Maverick fork - Rear QR - Rear 10mm Saint - Rear 12mm (135) - Rear 10mm Bolt in (135) - Syntace X12 142mm - The rear hub is also available in 12mm/150mm wide (note this is a new hub. Not a conversion) and also a trials / singlespeed

post-615-0-99188600-1304669452.jpg

Agents are Rush sports - these are by far the best set of wheel I have ever ridden.

Very strong and super fast rolling - bought the second hand - still true as tits.

If you can get them - get them!

Last set of wheel you will prob ever buy.

You referring to this one?

http://www.dropmachine.com/Reviews/hub-showdown-chris-king-hadley-industry-nine-dt-stealth-and-hope-a581.html

Hubs reviewed in this article:

Chris Kings

I9

DT 240

Hope Pro 2

True Precision Stealth

Hadley

Here's an idea of some bullet proof Hope Pro II wheels...

post-10758-0-76016500-1304670874.jpg

post-10758-0-04953500-1304670859.jpg

I think in total the set cost me around 6k. yup, they're a bit too much on the beefy side for AM riding... but like I said, lace them to Sun Ringle MTX 29's or Spank Oozy rims and you've got a killer set!

And the Nuke Proofs... well, they also run on Sun Ringle MTX 29's (and come in black and silver too)

http://www.welovemountains.com/images/medium/10005244.jpg

both the Hope, and the Nuke Proof hubs work on sealed bearings... a lot less hassle than the cup 'n cone system the XT's use.

Thx for all the advice gents. Ja, building your own wheels is definately the way to go if your playing on the slopes!

Yup, had them on my Mojo classic, then bought a new set for the HD

Very light, best engagement ratio of hubs I can find and super strong

They are in the CK range, slightly heavier, but with better engagement and cheaper/easier service.

VERY easy to swap axles should you upgrade bikes and need a different axle (QR/10mm/12mm/20mm etc)