Durbanville Mtb Night Rides

Wannabe

This is similar to the light I have. More than sufficient for the riding we are doing.

I also have the LED Lenser H7R headlamp type light. It is the rechargeable version. About 170 lumens (rated) and it has a adjustment from floodlight to spotlight. With the handlebar mounted light, it is very efficient. Bought this from Due South (about R500.00)

Thank you, appreciate your input :thumbup:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest, what lights are currently been used and which would you guys suggest? There are so many out there, was looking at this one, any advice or opinions on this one:

http://www.thehubsa....ight-head-lamp/

Quite a few of us has some version of the Magic Light. This seems to be very similar, and the price substantially less than what one would usually pay for a Magic Light. From what I can see this seems to be a good deal.

Quite a few of us has some version of the Magic Light. This seems to be very similar, and the price substantially less than what one would usually pay for a Magic Light. From what I can see this seems to be a good deal.

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure that buying something cheaper or for a special will not make this light less efficient as some of the Magic Lights out there.

Sounds like there are going to be quite a few peeps there tonight, How many on average?

Most we had was about ten. On avg between 4 -6.

Good turnout, ten people joined the ride.

Did a slightly different route last night, went out on Klipheuwel rd and into Spes Bona, then into Adderley rd and left into Malanshoogte rd, Contermanskloof, Tiekiedraai and back to the start. Gave me 56km in total (from my home and back again)

The amount of climbs was a bit strenious on some, but everybody finished in good spirit.

Weather was perfect for a ride in the dark.

Thanks guys, see you again next week, when we'll do the flatter route again.

Thanks guys and gal! It was a great ride as usual. :clap:

First time I've done that route, and will definitely tackle it again! :thumbup:

Even the slightly technical bits at the beginning and end :blush:

Out of interest, what lights are currently been used and which would you guys suggest? There are so many out there, was looking at this one, any advice or opinions on this one:

http://www.thehubsa....ight-head-lamp/

I don't want to dish someone else product but there are something that is not mentioned about that light if you are fine with this then cool but you get what you pay for.

1. It has a normal heatshrink battery pack. therefore you will have next to none water protection if it rains.

2. The light has no thermal protection for the LED. If you stop to talk to a your buddy the light will not dim when it over heats. This reduces the runtime of the LED a lot. Using it as a head light for camping will kill it.

3. I am not sure which one of the really cheap light he is importing but most have only green and red battery level indication on the back. Other have none. He is not saying anything so I assume there will be no battery level indication.

4. The charger is a flat USA plug. you will need a converter for it. I prefer a charger that has a lead between the 220 plug and the charger so that there is no stress on the plug.

Guest TheEpicOne

Ok!!!! Genoeg van my wat heeltyd wil join en ek kom nie daarby uit nie. As ek reg verstaan begin julle manne dinsdae 18:30? As die begin tyd 19:00 gaan dit my perfek pas....wie van julle ry uit sonstraal hoogte? Maybe kan ek dit maak vir 18:30 maar dis bietjie druk teen die tyd, veral as ek van die huis af ry met die bike.

Ok!!!! Genoeg van my wat heeltyd wil join en ek kom nie daarby uit nie. As ek reg verstaan begin julle manne dinsdae 18:30? As die begin tyd 19:00 gaan dit my perfek pas....wie van julle ry uit sonstraal hoogte? Maybe kan ek dit maak vir 18:30 maar dis bietjie druk teen die tyd, veral as ek van die huis af ry met die bike.

18h00, nie 18h30 nie.

Guest TheEpicOne

18h00, nie 18h30 nie.

Bietjie moeilik vir 18h00.....geen manier wat julle dit 19h00 kan maak nie? maar as ek die enigste een is wat daai tyd wil begin, moenie dan worry nie!

Bietjie moeilik vir 18h00.....geen manier wat julle dit 19h00 kan maak nie? maar as ek die enigste een is wat daai tyd wil begin, moenie dan worry nie!

Hi Riaan, sal jou later antwoord op jou PM.

Daar is Donderdae aande n ride op Meerendal wat 19:00 begin, word deur Tygerberg Mtb club gereel. As jy nie lid is nie kan jy steeds die ride join, R30 vir n dag permit.

Ek werk meestal ook tot 18:00

Woensdae is daar n ride op Hillcrest wat 18:30 by Nitida begin, bietjie meer tegnies as Meerendal en word ook deur Tygerberg club gereel.

Of daar is ook die CWC ride op Woensdae aande 18:15 vanaf die shop!

So dan moet ons net iets organise vir Maandag en Vrydag dan is ons gewax! :thumbup:

Thanks vir die ride ouens, sorry dat ons vooruit gegaan het, tyd het bietjie tight geraak. Cheers

Thanks guys and gals, it was nice. 60km's from front door to front door. Going to skip next week due to being in the Zulu Kingdom, but I'll be back the week after!!!

Archived