Campag Chorus 11 vs Shimano Ultegra?

THE HULK

Screw you guys. This thread made me log on to CRC to see what Campag Record ten speed stuff costs and I went and bought some black skeleton calipers to replace my silver ones. You suck!!!

Why so angry? k@k weather down there?

Why so angry? k@k weather down there?

Ha ha, no, just blew cash unnecessarily and looking to shift the blame :P

Campag all the way. Just be sure to buy your replacement cassettes and chains from overseas. The local agents aren't really happy with the fact that you only have one arsehole and would love to rip you another.

Campag all the way. Just be sure to buy your replacement cassettes and chains from overseas. The local agents aren't really happy with the fact that you only have one arsehole and would love to rip you another.

+1 :lol: :lol: :clap:

I have used Campag for most of my 24years of cycling, not always new equipment and not ever Record. I tried out Dura Ace a few years ago and went straight back to Campag , although there was no problem with Shimano (it was really smooth) but it was not Campag!

Campy all the way!! You wont regret it.. You get what you pay for.. And with campy, you buying the best, so expect to pay for it.. :)

Shimano invented the Sti. Whilst in it's development phase they heard that Campag were going to send some spys to copy their designs, because Campag did not have the technical expertise to design a brake lever/shifter in one.

As Shimano is always one jump ahead, they quickly designed a red herring for those spys. A sort of cheap version, something to catch Campag out.

Well, one night, the spys broke into Shimano's design centre and took photos of the red herring. The spys sent the photos to Campag who copied the design and launched their very own shift/brake system they called the Ergo Lever.

The CEO of Shimano sent the boss of Campag a letter. He stated and I quote "You call our design the Ergo Lever, we are going to call it Sora."

By the way, I have a Centaur groupset which is no better or worse than the 105 I previously had (just looks nicer)