Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also battling to get the sunset pics to be nice and noise free, what camera you been using Slowbee? I'm trying to figure out if it is the Camera or the lens that I am using...still nice pics though!!

Using a canon 550D. Being new to this game I am still learning, I think it is the settings. Possibly my ISO is to high (as per Dangle).

Taken at Suikerbos:

post-30928-0-26996800-1343066525.jpg

I know some would say the pic would be better without the power lines, but I really like them in. Development and technological advancement "invading" natural beauty - but still being enjoyed by people on a bike!! Great pic.

Using a canon 550D. Being new to this game I am still learning, I think it is the settings. Possibly my ISO is to high (as per Dangle).

Just check that it isn't on AUTO ISO.....the camera always selects the highest.

Get a good tripod for sunrise and sunset pics.

I know some would say the pic would be better without the power lines, but I really like them in. Development and technological advancement "invading" natural beauty - but still being enjoyed by people on a bike!! Great pic.

When i did a photo course a few years back the teacher told us to leave street signs and power lines in the photos.he said it adds depth to the photo.

563364_10150928218399748_404308937_n.jpg

The meditating monks and the overgrown railway track... Those two I would put on my wall :thumbup:

The overgrown railway track is superb, the colours have been boosted quite a bit and it works well.

The Monks and the Tapei bridge are awesome.

Like the monks as well :thumbup:

I must add one thing, keeping the camera stable will make a massive difference to the clarity and impact of the image, a lens with a good image stabilizer also helps a huge amount.

Just check that it isn't on AUTO ISO.....the camera always selects the highest.

Get a good tripod for sunrise and sunset pics.

I dont usually leave it on auto. But on checking, I see the problem.

The ISO was 3200, way to high, 1/40s f/29. It was on a tripod. And I use the countdown timer so as not to get any shake in pressing the shutter release.

ISO, to high ..... possibly better at 200 or 400 ?

If you want "noise free" then you need to shoot at lowish ISO with a longish shutter speed and a tripod.

Finding the balance between these two will give you that.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7008/6727159537_6b3f4797a1_b.jpg

IMG_9797 by OddPix1, on Flickr

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6215/6250924158_67fae5dc2d_b.jpg

IMG_8054 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Jup, I get the ISO setting..was taking pics at ISO 100, F11 on a tripod but the image was still "noisy" I only seem to have this issue with sunsets/sunrises that have all the orange/blue etc at night pics are fine... probably just need to practice more..will try and post some examples tomorrow...(on other PC)

The ISO was 3200, way to high, 1/40s f/29. It was on a tripod. And I use the countdown timer so as not to get any shake in pressing the shutter release.

:eek:

Jup, I get the ISO setting..was taking pics at ISO 100, F11 on a tripod but the image was still "noisy" I only seem to have this issue with sunsets/sunrises that have all the orange/blue etc at night pics are fine... probably just need to practice more..will try and post some examples tomorrow...(on other PC)

Maybe take the ISO up to 400 and F8 or so allowing for a shorter exposure, long exposures can also create some noise.

Also try and do a light reading from various spots and balance this out.

In post processing you could also fix up some (but only some) noise.

Edited by Dangle

:eek:

Was your wife or kids playing with it? :)