Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Ya Photography lately isn't just about "mik en druk" anymore its amazing all the functionality it has. Setting up a Camera is more difficult lately than installing a new Groupset :D

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BioMouse, the big question is, what do you want to achieve, family photos, holiday snaps ...........?

good question

i often end up advising a lot of friends to go for a good point n shoot in the end.

you need to decide if the dslr route is for you. changing lenses, worrying about shutter count etc.

i believe if you are going to keep your camera in 'auto' mode then a point and shoot is best for you.

and in saying this there are some awesome options these days and they take amazing photos, such as the G series canon cameras, nikon also has some great options.

good question

i often end up advising a lot of friends to go for a good point n shoot in the end.

you need to decide if the dslr route is for you. changing lenses, worrying about shutter count etc.

i believe if you are going to keep your camera in 'auto' mode then a point and shoot is best for you.

and in saying this there are some awesome options these days and they take amazing photos, such as the G series canon cameras, nikon also has some great options.

Agreed ,the Fuji X-10 is superb.

yeah that fuji is a beaut, i cant warrant the cost tho.

rather spend my spare pennies growing my lens collection :thumbup:

so far. canon 10-22mm f3.5-4.5, canon 50mm f1.4, canon 15-85m f3.5-5.6 and the canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L :cursing: expensive hobbie

next on the list is the canon 70-200 f2.8 IS then ill start looking at maybe getting a 17-55 f2.8 and maybe a 24-105 f4 L

ahh decisions decisions

I like the ease of use with the Sony Dslr range and i am happy with the quality.I have a A550 but only bought the A580 because it had video feature (don't use it much though).I take the 550 with me on the bike sometimes,with a cheap tripod that is very light.

As pointed out above you need to decide what you want the camera for.I want to go nuts when is see a tourist with a Canon 7D and 24-105 and they shoot on auto.

If you go Dslr route you will need to do a cousre to show you all the functions and settings and what results you can get.

If you go point and shoot the Canon Power shot SX30is is a awesome camera.

The purpose of it is not just to point and shoot. I would like to get distant aswell as close up photos. Get very high close up pics making use of filters, and get to learn and use the many features the cam has to offer. So no the cam would not be used on Auto. My wife would also be using the cam and she has played around on dslr's before and has a better knowledge of it. She would be taking the pics of me when in a race for example

bare in mind a lot of point n shoots have good optical range these days.

but sounds like you are on the right track none the less :)

enjoy and let us know what you end up spending your dollars on

She would be taking the pics of me when in a race for example

You are very lucky,my wife only uses a point n shoot.She says she is scared she drops it.