MTB Backflip

jarek.pski

ok, Jarek, I found a place for you to attempt your backflip.

I was speaking to a guy today that's big into trick BMXing, and him and some of his crazy buddies went to Jozi X (across from the bike park) and were busting back and front flips off a huge jump into an air cushion.

That is probably the safest bet for you. There's a big hill to run in from (ensuring adequate speed), the jump has the geometry required for flip tricks, and there's a safe landing option.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

patches: hotdamn you guys have all the good stuff :(

hahaha! it's to makeup for the fact that we don't have mountains

Dude, are you just taking the piss? If those are serious questions I would not be trying to backflip just yet...

+1

Still nearly p1ssing myself with your chirp.

Dangle, also a good one. I haven't even had a beer and ALL you guys are funny tonight (and without the std bickering that follows) :clap:

Ok I think the voices here have been divided pretty evenly :thumbup:

I don't care if I've been riding 4 months or 4 years, spines and skulls break just the same.

I'll take u up on your offer Patches as soon as I'm back from EU, cannot afford to injury myself now :lol:

Ok I think the voices here have been divided pretty evenly :thumbup:

I don't care if I've been riding 4 months or 4 years, spines and skulls break just the same.

I'll take u up on your offer Patches as soon as I'm back from EU, cannot afford to injury myself now :lol:

I hope you're talking about the backflip into the air cushion option... cos I want no part in anything other than that, hahaha!

Edited by patches

yeah I meant that... then at some point we get rid of the cushion :thumbup:

I'm sure you will attempt jumps into the cushion as well :P

yeah I meant that... then at some point we get rid of the cushion :thumbup:

I'm sure you will attempt jumps into the cushion as well :P

haha! probably not! The vids I saw of guys jumping into that cushion, were vids of pro BMXers who can pull off a backflip dirt-to-dirt. PLus I saw the size of that jump :blink:

..the thing stands over 2m tall and they're clearing a gap of atleast 8m. Cushion or not... it's still pretty scary! haha!

But I will tag along to document on camera, haha!

So is this off for the time being? I was hoping to sell you life insurance and a medical aid policy before hand :P

So is this off for the time being? I was hoping to sell you life insurance and a medical aid policy before hand :P

I'd still try sell if I were you. This way you get a couple of months of premiums in before the claim gets put through, haha!

Normally I don't like telling people what to do and try keep my nose out of their business but I have to give my 2cents on this.

Jarek.pski I strongly recommend you to re-consider this attempt of yours. Rather come and join us at the spruit/DHL line and learn how to jump first. Attempting a back flip whether it being on dirt, water or some kind of cushion is no small feat. Seeing a fellow rider go down is no fun :thumbdown:

Dude, seriously, can you even jump a bike? I mean, if you struggle to ride over a bridge at the Cycle Park, you are looking for hospital time.

Normally I don't like telling people what to do and try keep my nose out of their business but I have to give my 2cents on this.

Jarek.pski I strongly recommend you to re-consider this attempt of yours. Rather come and join us at the spruit/DHL line and learn how to jump first. Attempting a back flip whether it being on dirt, water or some kind of cushion is no small feat. Seeing a fellow rider go down is no fun :thumbdown:

+1