Poor service at Urban Cycles

ryans

As a novice mountain biker I required advise from somebody experienced, I made the mistake of going to Urban Cycles off umgeni road, I was greeted by a friendly older man who 'sold me up' to a bike that was clearly too large for me, I took the bike and rode it once and discovered the problem immediately, I then attempted to return it, during that time I found anther more suitable bike from a private buyer, when I returned my bike I suggested I pay them a 15% 'handling' fee which they accepted, it’s been 3 months and that R3500 refund still hasn’t arrived,this is a terrible start to cycling, i love the trials but if you are new to cycling you never thing you will have to be careful of the people there to help you!

What do I need to do to get my money? they screen my calls and always promise to call me back!

HELP!!!!!

Edited by ryans

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, what happens when you go into the shop? Make a stand, do a sit in at the shop, and chain yourself to the doors or something and tell them to pay up.

they fob me off with promises, look im prob also to blame, ive been there 3 times and i feel bad asking for money, im more a giver than a taker, all 3 times ive left with something i bought, i havent been back in a month though, maybe a need to visit.

Thanks for the advise, i will make a trip today.

haha, thats a tactic i have nover tried!

anyone know where i can find some chain?!

Maybe call Greg Alberts at Cyclesphere(the owner), Im pretty sure they are affiliated to Urban Cycles.

I actually just emailed him, the guy running Urban cycles is his father in law, apparently Greg does know about whats due to me, I will wait for Greg to respond and if he doesn’t by the end of today I will give him a call, I’m not a confrontational guy (thats why im in this position)so I avoid it

Speak to Greg, he is great guy and customer service is very important to him. Gerald at Urban Cycles is his father.

I actually just emailed him, the guy running Urban cycles is his father in law, apparently Greg does know about whats due to me, I will wait for Greg to respond and if he doesn’t by the end of today I will give him a call, I’m not a confrontational guy (thats why im in this position)so I avoid it

I already got it, ive ridden every day for the last 2 months, im in umdloti so iv got sugar cane trails and beach front on my route, i was a runner before but screw that,cycling is actually fun! and it kills my legs.

I got a Giant revel i think it is, so far so good, not a second of trouble, im very happy.

I just bought a motobike so thats going to delay me getting another bike for the next few months, but i will need to spend more, im getting faster at Giba and my bike is holding me back (brakes arent great)

Seriously just too many choices though.

Ryan - why not just go into cyclesphere and chat to Greg about your problem. He is a easy going stand up guy, and if there is a probelm, he will sort you out.

Why pay the 15%? They sold you the wrong size in the first place. Any bike shop worth it's salt knows that the most important thing on a bike purchase is the size.

If, I'm not mistaken, Cyclesphere is on the Hub too. I would like to see their repsonse.

I already got it, ive ridden every day for the last 2 months, im in umdloti so iv got sugar cane trails and beach front on my route, i was a runner before but screw that,cycling is actually fun! and it kills my legs.

I got a Giant revel i think it is, so far so good, not a second of trouble, im very happy.

I just bought a motobike so thats going to delay me getting another bike for the next few months, but i will need to spend more, im getting faster at Giba and my bike is holding me back (brakes arent great)

Seriously just too many choices though.

Nice, cane the bike till it falls apart then upgrade :thumbup:

Why pay the 15%? They sold you the wrong size in the first place. Any bike shop worth it's salt knows that the most important thing on a bike purchase is the size.

If, I'm not mistaken, Cyclesphere is on the Hub too. I would like to see their repsonse.

Good point.