Cleaning Disk Rotors

An3

What can I use to clean my MTB's disk rotors with?

I am sure Isopropyl Alcohol or Automotive Disk Brake cleaner will work but I do not have the above "in stock". Will Paint Thinners work or will it leave a residue?

I just use medical alcohol swabs available at your local pharmacy or Dischem they work gr8! :clap:

Sure it will work but I am too impatient to wait. I want to clean them NOW - must install new SWISSSTOP pads TONIGHT!

some prepsol?! just not something like diesel or paraffin (Big F# up) because of the oily resedu the Isopropyl Alcohol might work give it a try!

Use soap and water, then polish with ghrease or motor oil.

I am not paying for a new boom gate......

Excuse my ignorance, but why do you need to clean them? I've never cleaned my rotors with anything other than water and a cloth. Should I?

Excuse my ignorance, but why do you need to clean them? I've never cleaned my rotors with anything other than water and a cloth. Should I?

Also like to know .

I guess he needs to clean them after he worked on the wheel. Just to make sure no oil or grease got onto it. I know I do. Windolene also works fine.

While you're at it, give it a quick sand with some sandpaper, before you clean it. Your next 40 stops will be much quicker!