Silverback Sigma 29"

Guest Iron

Guest Iron

.Ok , so after reading a few Wright ups on this bike in Bicycling and Tread I have made up my mind , I want one. So let phone and go buy one , mmmmmmmmmmmmm but wait , after these mags have promoted them you would think they would have stock . Called many shops and then called Silverback themselves to only be told they don’t have stock and will not be bringing in anymore !!!

Come on people , why promote your product but not have stock or be bringing in more !!!

That’s it. Silverback won’t be getting my business.

Ok , not wanting to be negative but been looking long and hard for a 29er and after going through the effort of testing and looking and learning I’m pissed because I can’t get what I want .

This seems to be the norm in SA with stock , if you had it you would sell it . I have a company that imports a Product from the USA , and UK and if we did not have stock we would go out of bussiness.we bring in 4 containers every 2 months to ensure our clients are happy.

Firstly, it's a SEGMA, not a Sigma. Secondly - it's a WRITE up, not a wright up.

3rd - where are you based? I know of a couple of shops who have them in the CT region.

why don't u try contact silverback themselves? explain to them you're ready to purchase, but you now want it direct but with a discount, sought of as an apology for making you run around :)

why don't u try contact silverback themselves? explain to them you're ready to purchase, but you now want it direct but with a discount, sought of as an apology for making you run around :)

They don't have stock :(

Guest Iron

Firstly, it's a SEGMA, not a Sigma. Secondly - it's a WRITE up, not a wright up.

3rd - where are you based? I know of a couple of shops who have them in the CT region.

Well considering my grammar you can tell I’m pissed off. and I’m in JHB

Maybe the wright up was so good, everyone wanted a sigma, so that's why the shops are sold out?

Guest Iron

I did speak to them and ask them what shops had stock and their words to me “ no one has stock and we not bringing in any more , sorry “

Guest Iron

Maybe the wright up was so good, everyone wanted a sigma, so that's why the shops are sold out?

Shops being sold out I can understand , but shops not being able to get stock because the agent is not brining anymore in is silly.

It may be that they've sold their entire production, some shops sold out stock before the bikes even hit the floor.

Most likely didn't expect that it would be such a successful seller either. Pretty sure they'll setup another run, it is a great buy after all.

Guest Iron

try cyclesphere in durban, sure they could courier it to you

Will try them ,Thanks

Guest Travis.

Hatfield Cycles had one last week when I was there.

People actually buy silverbacks? I'm shocked I thought they were just stripped for their parts like they used to do with raleighs...........

Guest Iron

Hatfield Cycles had one last week when I was there.

Just called them and the one on the floor has had a deposit paid on it, so it’s kind of sold . thanks though.

Guest Iron

People actually buy silverbacks? I'm shocked I thought they were just stripped for their parts like they used to do with raleighs...........

times are changing, and bikes.