OK so who trains with power?

HI,

Interested to know which hubbers train with power. What system are you using? Has this improved your cycling? Are you a league racer?

Graeme Cronje and the pro cyclists he's training (eg An-li Pretorius) are all training with power meters currently.

All pro cyclists get power meters now by default - like their bicycles..

If everything goes well his new spinning classes will be available on www.indoorcycle.org before the end of the year so that non pro cyclists can benefit from it as well.

An-li left last night to go race in Belgie.

Their race results speak for itself..!

I start to use powertap last year and it helped me alot to push harder when I do intervals. All the years back, I thought I was training hard, but no feedback, but it will tell you whether you are training hard or not... If you are serious, then it is worth it..

Graeme Cronje and the pro cyclists he's training (eg An-li Pretorius) are all training with power meters currently.

All pro cyclists get power meters now by default - like their bicycles..

If everything goes well his new spinning classes will be available on www.indoorcycle.org before the end of the year so that non pro cyclists can benefit from it as well.

An-li left last night to go race in Belgie.

Their race results speak for itself..!

Which results *lol* - I haven't seen any improvements from MTN (Road ladies)this year... in most races they didn't even feature on the podium... and don't just blame the cat. racing for this...

Good luck to them for Europe, where the REAL racing happens!!

Power makes it easier for the athlete and coach to monitor/track/improve fitness/recovery and peak for certain races.

It makes intervals a lot more interesting (sometimes more depressing).

The software and analysis that come with it will tell you exactly where you stand locally and internationally at any moment in time.

Use it as a guideline, it's not EXACT science!

But the quality of training def. improves.

But you need more than just good numbers to win races.

I use a PT and wouldn't want to go back to HR alone!

IMHO useful for pros and top age cat guys/girls for the rest of us, we don't know when we k@kking off?

The Powertap is also great for telling you whether you're training light or not. What I previously thought of as a light ride turned out to be quite hard and not as light as it was supposed to be.

From an injury recovery perspective, I've also found that sticking to a specific power+cadence (=torque -> force) target is much more effective than sticking to HR based targets or just going by feel.

In conjunction with a HR monitor...Its the only way to train and know where your limits are!!

But saying that...you still gotta get out there and do the dirty work!

Trining with power meters and HR monitors and whatever may be fine for training...But in a race, you should go by feel and not look at some gadget to tell you what is going on.

Trining with power meters and HR monitors and whatever may be fine for training...But in a race, you should go by feel and not look at some gadget to tell you what is going on.

True, you can put it in your back pocket :-)

But for post race analysis etc. it's awesome!

Training light or heavy - it's what workload your body is used to...

Don't spend money !

The formula is easy!....Train as hard as you want to race! :rolleyes:

True, you can put it in your back pocket :-)

But for post race analysis etc. it's awesome!

Training light or heavy - it's what workload your body is used to...

I agree. :thumbup:

Which results *lol* - I haven't seen any improvements from MTN (Road ladies)this year... in most races they didn't even feature on the podium... and don't just blame the cat. racing for this...

Good luck to them for Europe, where the REAL racing happens!!

Power makes it easier for the athlete and coach to monitor/track/improve fitness/recovery and peak for certain races.

It makes intervals a lot more interesting (sometimes more depressing).

The software and analysis that come with it will tell you exactly where you stand locally and internationally at any moment in time.

Use it as a guideline, it's not EXACT science!

But the quality of training def. improves.

But you need more than just good numbers to win races.

I use a PT and wouldn't want to go back to HR alone!

Demacon?

spend some time on a programme for Argus using the ibike power setup

results were great, but maybe it was just because I was following a structured programme as the ibike gave me some hassles during the period.

just got a quarc fitted, will start training with it in nxt couple of days.

can't wait to start and hopefully see the results

have used hr programmes before, with limited success

will for the first time submit training files to a coach... so we'll see