New GT Zaskar 100

Mackie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'm trying to like GT I just can't, just had too much drama with the frames and Omnico.

But these use a new layup/clear coat so should be fine.

Did ride a Marathon model once, felt like a couch to me, hope these are more racy.

Oliver Munnik from GT Mr Price putting it throught it's paces in Jonkershoek

post-7083-0-81259900-1308730391.jpg

Edited by Mr Mulebar

I was contemplating wether I should comment or not, cause I don't want to cause a bad vibe, then decided I will keep it clean : Not a good looking bike at all, GT failed terribly with that shock in mid air! And by the way, the wheels are to small, 3 inches to small.

Edited by andrè traut

Looks like the old Anthem. Meaning that it should perform pretty well then. Water bottle cage still a problem?

yeah now thats cool! :thumbup:

Wonder if they still going to keep the hardtail Zaskar as well?

yup! there is. I've just come from a LBS and they had one on the showroom floor.

looked like this:

(lumo grips and all)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CAXB2T0FEzk/TH-wqESwKrI/AAAAAAAAEcI/6tyUqp2tpBw/s1600/(1+of+2).jpg

I was contemplating wether I should comment or not, cause I don't want to cause a bad vibe, then decided I will keep it clean : Not a good looking bike at all, GT failed terribly with that shock in mid air! And by the way, the wheels are to small, 3 inches to small.

Have you ridden one? If not how have they failed? If it is an assumption, then we may assume your member is 3 inches too small then, maybe. But I guess we all have opinions.

The bottle cage goes under the top tube, same place as post 2009 Marathon frames, quite a nice place, but can be a pain when changing the settings on the shock, that's what I find with my Marathon.