Bike Shop sells Cracked Frame and Tries to hide it

longweasel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"They must have heard the crack or seen the dent because it was bad"

I cannot believe that you did not see that the day the bike was collected. if it was so bad....

I would not take the resposibility if I was the bike shop. There's no way that they are going to.

:o

Hah! I'm going to stock up on used huisgenoots, and I have not one, but two used inflatable pool manuals. Bugger popcorn(eye) and pineapple pizza. I'm sorted for this one.

"They must have heard the crack or seen the dent because it was bad"

I cannot believe that you did not see that the day the bike was collected. if it was so bad....

I would not take the resposibility if I was the bike shop. There's no way that they are going to.

My thoughts exactly. Howcome you did not see this?

Be carefull to just blame the bike shop. If you could miss this, then they could too. Every story has two sides.

So we are almost there now, they have replaced the bike which is a good showing. It gives credence to the fact that they did something wrong or that something went wrong. He is sending a final request for an explanation. We all deserve to know what happened. As to the speculation from some it is now sorted as the shop took responsibility. Im still not satisfied as they tried to cover it up. So if they let us know what happened we will not have to name and shame. All we want is the truth. If it was the mechanic then so be it, if it goes further well... one way or another they sold a bike with a cracked frame and they tried to cover it up with paint.

So you make up your own mind, we gave Cajees in Roodepoort the chance to explain themselves. They may have given a new bike but it was still an extremely negative experience. In fact we were commenting how difficult it was to buy a bike in general with all the shops around, no stock wrong sizes colors price lack of advise etc etc. The customer is indeed not always right.I think i will be importing my next bike

Kill e'm all. How can they do that to a 29'' bike. Oh... sorry... serves you right for buying a clown bike.

So you make up your own mind, we gave Cajees in Roodepoort the chance to explain themselves. They may have given a new bike but it was still an extremely negative experience. In fact we were commenting how difficult it was to buy a bike in general with all the shops around, no stock wrong sizes colors price lack of advise etc etc. The customer is indeed not always right.I think i will be importing my next bike

You get a NEW bike from the bike shop in less than a week and you call this a negative experience!! The shop took responsibilty what more do you want? Obviously no mechanic would take responsibility for this,let alone the supplier.

That scratch is right on the top tube it wouldbe difficult to miss. I am surprised your brother in law did not see it when he put his bike on his bike rack.