DC Pics - Tradouws Pass

Coetzee

nellie' date=' it was grrrrrreat!  Very social (that means slow!), but we had a great time.  The weather was perfect and I am now so psyched I want another team event in the Cape.  It is such a nice and unique event.  Plus PPA got everything spot-on.  Best run race in a LONG time.[/quote']Absolutely agree that another team event would be a really good idea. And the PPA learned from last year - was really well organised. Well done Karin & team.

Thanks Nellie I am not sure about keeping the girls names flying high BUT what I do know is I am battling to walk & sit.

It was a awesome experience and I recommend that every signal hubber tries it next year. It's not about how fast you can race it is about each and every team member crossing over the line. Sherbet  and it's one of those lines that never seamed to get closer, at one point I was convinced they kept on moving the finish line

What blew me was all the PPA signs that they put up reminding us how far we still had to cycle. Hells bells man that was tough.

Skye2007-11-25 22:14:23

I am officially dead... really enjoyed the DC. It was good fun but it killed me..

Skye

Saw you at the start Skye but there was no time to chat. your team' date=' like all of us, was hurried along to get going. Well done Skye.
[/quote']

No way you saw me at the start and you didn't even shoutCryCry

My heart rate was 167 at the start and all my team mates were killing themselves laughing, it took me all the way to suurbrak to get my heart rate down. LOLLOLLOLLOL

Great experience and I think we should put a couple of CT Hubbers teams together next year. PS that does not mean I will ride itClapClap

PS that does not mean I will ride itClapClap

Of course it does!!! I am now officially re-issueing the challenge for next years DC as well !!!!LOL

Well done!!Clap 

Hagar Texas Sally & I did 202k and all you give us is a clapAngryWink Try sending us a hug too please.

To all the ladies who finished the DCHugHugHugHugHug

To Hagar Thumbs%20Up (this will have to do Hagar - don't want to start any rumours an'all LOL)

PS that does not mean I will ride itClapClap

Of course it does!!! I am now officially re-issueing the challenge for next years DC as well !!!!LOL

Well done!!Clap 

Doesn't someone owe me????WinkLOLWink

hagar' date=' Thanks but I need more than a clap and a hug.. I need a miracle. I am sure I am dead. anyway I will come get you and next year you WILL do it with us.. Like Skye said. A nice 'hubbers" ride with a difference - a team that has a ghost following them.
[/quote']

thanks yes i will ride next year went out on friday after being off the bike for two weeks and felt so good. was really a good week too mom also was discharged today Big%20smileBig%20smile

I forgot what the deal was - remind me please?Big%20smile (I only remember threatening to tell the hub that you didn't if you chickened out LOL (But then I have been known to chicken out of paying out a few bets that I lost. Something to do with the fine print !!!!Big%20smile)

I'm in for next year - (So I've got a year to get therapy and stop my reclusive habits !!LOL) Or I could just be "GHOST RIDER" !!Big%20smile
racman2007-11-25 11:24:32

Thanks to you all.

Went through a bad patch around 120/130K lost my sense of humor big time. Didn't take my team mates long to talk me through it and I was back on top form. Sadly one of our team mates clip the wheel in front of him went down hard and broke his collar bone. That set us back about 30/40 minutes until the ambulance arrived. I think we went over the line in just over 9 hours. It was a great experience & might consider doing it again.

I am giving the following items away.

Smarties

Jelly Tots

Xmas Cake x 3

Ham Sandwiches x 4

Bar ones x20

Raisins x 6 small pks

Gu's X 8

Fast Fuel x 4 bottles mixed

While I was packing my cooler hubby just sat at the table and watched me fill it to the brim. Eventually I had to sit on the lid to close the thing hubby not saying a word.

We get into bed and he said to me, love do you think you have enough food and crap for the day tomorrow and laughed until he was cryingAngryAngry

The joke was on me which is ok!!!!! Clap

My medal is hanging up in the bar and I am proud of itThumbs%20Up

Skye2007-11-25 12:01:34