Tokai: DH build day 1 (Sun 10th - 830)

(Deon)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no gas allowed? what sorta chains they use to chop those treees down with?

but they really are that strict, then sledgehammers with cold chisels for wedges will do the trick as well, but my god Simon, come with some serious muscles. splitting trunks with wedges is a job for long-ago dead men.

worst case: strong ass poles to lever them further aside off the mainline.

no gas allowed? what sorta chains they use to chop those treees down with?

but they really are that strict, then sledgehammers with cold chisels for wedges will do the trick as well, but my god Simon, come with some serious muscles. splitting trunks with wedges is a job for long-ago dead men.

worst case: strong ass poles to lever them further aside off the mainline.

Ha ha, Simon chopping, don't joke! An axe is the way to go for those measly roots but I have the distinct feeling it may pose a hazard handing any sharp edged device over to Simoan.

The issue with gas is we are not Parks qualified to play with combustable fluids in a forest. We can get a chainsaw with operator on Friday, hopefully. If not we will be down to good 'ol wood splitting, dead man's way on the weekend.

Seems Sunday is the day.. 830 at the gate.

Good job on letting people know about htis guys! I am away but will put the word out and hope to join in on next one.

Updated the thread title to confirm time and day.

I will have space for three to shuttle, but we may need to take another car up if Jimmy can't make Sunday.

Who loves the look of a natural mud finish on their car?

Edited by Pain or Shine

@Jimmy,

thanks for the offer to work on Saturday, any chance of making Sunday instead?

See you at the gate 8 30. Need to be home by 1 pm though. I see the weather is looking good for the weekend too. What about tools ? Bring your own spades etc I assume?

See you at the gate 8 30. Need to be home by 1 pm though. I see the weather is looking good for the weekend too. What about tools ? Bring your own spades etc I assume?

Just a spade. I have rakes, compacting tools, picks etc..

Cool!

Ha ha, Simon chopping, don't joke! An axe is the way to go for those measly roots but I have the distinct feeling it may pose a hazard handing any sharp edged device over to Simoan.

The issue with gas is we are not Parks qualified to play with combustable fluids in a forest. We can get a chainsaw with operator on Friday, hopefully. If not we will be down to good 'ol wood splitting, dead man's way on the weekend.

Seems Sunday is the day.. 830 at the gate.

Cool I'll be there Sunday.

Not unless it's battery operated.

:clap: LOL, just saw that now!!

I would think he's got the whole set; screwdriver, saw, sander, lawnmower and weedeater. Realistic sounds too!

Gweat! This twack is going to be wun wicked wide!

Yeth, Ewmer Fudd...

And as for the toys, I'll bring my spade & axe, as well as a 4lb hammer for those logs & splitters...

:clap: LOL, just saw that now!!

I would think he's got the whole set; screwdriver, saw, sander, lawnmower and weedeater. Realistic sounds too!

Like those recordings of "REAL V8 MOTOR SOUNDS!" for your hybrid?

can someone bring chain saw for logs on dh3 ?

Hey.. you again?!

Siiiimmmmonnnnn, we are working on level 4. Besides, no-one here is Parks approved to play with those awesomely powerful, sharp bladed weapons if put in the wrong hands - and that could easily be one of us! Have you seen 'mayhem with an axe??