Tokai accident 12 July???

Larry King

"Sorry for hi-jack"

Then you obviously never met this car on the road before I sold it!

Engine conversion done by myself. I aint afraid of any manual labour!

yassis... what a fkn spanner

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta add to the new drainage trenches, someone has removed the bridge after the rock drop on Roots.. If you don't fly like a mango, approach with caution!!

Hi David.. see you are getting all toasty on this thread too! What's up with that?

Smaark de car my ou! he he

Do you mean the little sloping bridge that you clear if you are going flat out? That could be dangerous for some people

Guest Omega Man

They guy who came off is in a bad way, in ICU. Let's all hope he pulls through!!!

Yoh. That's bad. With you there.

Ouch, ICU not cool. I haven't been to Tokia in a while - is this forestry that have put ditches right across the road?

P or S, a bit more description on where that ladder bridge is missing please. Can't seem to remember the area...

Ouch, ICU not cool. I haven't been to Tokia in a while - is this forestry that have put ditches right across the road?

P or S, a bit more description on where that ladder bridge is missing please. Can't seem to remember the area...

Yeah, Parks put them in, almost straight across (perpindicularly) the main fire road, at a height of approx 20cm. They're very abrupt, especially if you don't know they're there...

Ladder bridge is on My Roots, just by the rock drop.

Enter at the bottom of the fire road, at the hairpin.

Slight drop, into right hander. S bend, small bump (jump it, there's a tree on the right) Gap jump int BEEEEEEERM! small jump. BEEEEEERM! roots, into rock drop - LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT while in the air! There it is! BOOM! landing. Keep it straight! Left natural berm into steep, rutted down section. Up again into a jump, down to a 90 degree right hander, fast. Hard Left BERM! SLOW DOWN! 90 degree right onto bridge over river.

Basically, it helps keep the chicken run nice and rut-free next to the rock drop.

Guest Omega Man

Most xc people ride around the rock and down the pallet thing, lock their brakes and crash or come very close to crashing. They then bitch about dangerous and slippery the pallet is.

I gotta add to the new drainage trenches, someone has removed the bridge after the rock drop on Roots.. If you don't fly like a mango, approach with caution!!

Hi David.. see you are getting all toasty on this thread too! What's up with that?

Smaark de car my ou! he he

I dont know who removed this bridge but I had seen many riders coming down and wiping out. When it was wet it was even more of a nightmare.

I saw a guy come down that whole single track right from the top on a uni-cycle!!! When he got onto the bridge (the one mentioned above) the uni-cycle shot out from underneath him into the river and he landed on his head!! Not good!!!

If you gonna have a bridge situated in that position/gradient just before a corner all year-round then it needs to be covered with chicken mesh!

Talk about skills = uni-cycle on single track!

I dont know who removed this bridge but I had seen many riders coming down and wiping out. When it was wet it was even more of a nightmare.

I saw a guy come down that whole single track right from the top on a uni-cycle!!! When he got onto the bridge (the one mentioned above) the uni-cycle shot out from underneath him into the river and he landed on his head!! Not good!!!

If you gonna have a bridge situated in that position/gradient just before a corner all year-round then it needs to be covered with chicken mesh!

Talk about skills = uni-cycle on single track!

Dv, you seem to be referring to the bridge in Faerie Garden... the one referred to is on My Roots...

But yeah, PorS and I did try to "de-moss" that Faerie Garden bridge recently...

Yeah, Parks put them in, almost straight across (perpindicularly) the main fire road, at a height of approx 20cm. They're very abrupt, especially if you don't know they're there...

Ladder bridge is on My Roots, just by the rock drop.

Enter at the bottom of the fire road, at the hairpin.

Slight drop, into right hander. S bend, small bump (jump it, there's a tree on the right) Gap jump int BEEEEEEERM! small jump. BEEEEEERM! roots, into rock drop - LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT while in the air! There it is! BOOM! landing. Keep it straight! Left natural berm into steep, rutted down section. Up again into a jump, down to a 90 degree right hander, fast. Hard Left BERM! SLOW DOWN! 90 degree right onto bridge over river.

Basically, it helps keep the chicken run nice and rut-free next to the rock drop.

hmm so is the piece gone before or after the rock?

Dv, you seem to be referring to the bridge in Faerie Garden... the one referred to is on My Roots...

But yeah, PorS and I did try to "de-moss" that Faerie Garden bridge recently...

Are u allowed to put chicken wire on? not cover the whole thing just some to help with traction?