Saddle Choices

deonkretch

Hi,

I know saddles are a very personal choice based on your type of riding, size and shape of your behind etc. I would however like to get some feedback and suggestions for the best suited saddle for longer riding, think Cape Epic & Cape Pioneer Trek.

I currently ride a Merida 96 with a ProLogo Scratch saddle. It does the job but after about three days of riding (4hrs per day or more) it really starts getting uncomfortable. I've tried a Spez Phenom saddle and it did not work for me. I've looked around and these are the current choices, any feedback, reviews or suggestions will be appreciated. My thinking is to go for something with a split/gap/thingy in the middle which supposedly relieves some pressure in the sensitive areas :)

• Selle Italia Flite XC Gel Flow Saddle 2011 (Looks like the NON-leather version of the FLITE)
  • Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow Saddle 2011 (Leather version of the FLITE)
  • Selle Italia Maxflite Gel Flow 2011 (Perhaps the Lazy-boy of the Flite?)

I can't seem to find any demo saddles locally (Pretoria) so it seems it will be CRC as they are more than 50% cheaper than locally.

Any advice or just some info on your experience would be appreciated!

Try some of the Fizik saddles - Aliante XM works for me.

Go to Hotspot in Atterbury Value Mart and have a word with Jacques - maybe he has demo`s available.

One size does not fit all - get what works for you!

WTB Silverado was also a good choice for me.

Good luck

Try some of the Fizik saddles - Aliante XM works for me.

Go to Hotspot in Atterbury Value Mart and have a word with Jacques - maybe he has demo`s available.

One size does not fit all - get what works for you!

WTB Silverado was also a good choice for me.

Good luck

I really liked that saddle too. But had a slight tumble one day, and the whole thing came off the rails.......... Gave up 2 months later trying to get it back on the rails........ lol :blush:

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I got the Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow. Awesome saddle. Did the Walkerville Classic 60km yesterday. That's a couple of hours in the saddle!

Ive had the max flite gel flow for ages now. Not the sleekest of the ones youve mentioned but I find it very very very comfortable. When I sold my old bike, it wasn't part of the sale coz I love it so much. Dont think Ill ever replace it unless it breaks for some reason.

Thanks for all the input guys. At this stage it looks like I'll get the Max Flite Gel and the Flite XC gel, test both and sell the one I don't need. At the rates CRC are selling them for I can get them both for less than one of the saddles locally :)