Hill2Hill vs Comrades Marathon

Ranga

I know you can't ever do a true comparison, but I was wondering which race, Hill2Hill or Comrades, people find more physically taxing on the body and mind.

It will be interesting to hear from those who have completed both!

My wife has done the Comrades but says I'm nuts because I'm doing Hill2Hill.

Never done comrades but for certain its much harder..... done a few hill2hill's, around 5 hours, and never lost any toe nails and can get up and go to work the next day!!! Cycling vs. running is a strange thing... you can ride hard for 5 hours and then do it again the next day, even the finest athletes cant do that too often running??!! Cycling just taxes your muscles, running taxes your ligaments, joints, tendons and muscles??

No comparison, completing a Comrades requires a good level of fitness by January and then 4 months hard training to get through on a reasonably comfortable run, my rule was always 1500km training in the bank Feb - May. With no disrespect to H2H a reasonable cycling fitness and a few weeks tweaking / training will get you through.

More scared to run a Comrades than to do the Transbaviaans (234km)in 4 weeks time.

Well I think I am going to stop stressing now. :eek:

Looking forward to doing my first Hill2Hill. :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Well I think I am going to stop stressing now. eek.gif

Looking forward to doing my first Hill2Hill. thumbup1.gif

How was the race? I want to do the 45km this year and just trying to get more detail about the race and route.