Xtr (m988) VS. Avid XO

mad bout mtb

Has anybody ridden both brakes ? What is the verdict in terms of performance and overall feel of the brake ONLY, I'm not interested in the maintenace aspect as I would rather have a better feeling brake that i have to bleed more than one that feels **** and lasts forever

XTR XTR XTR ALL THE WAY XTR!! I HAVE A BIKE SHOP AND SOLD ALOT OF THE XTR BRAKES.

IS SO EASY TO WORK WITH AND FEELS LIKE RIDING A NEW FERARRI! BRAKING POWER IS A 10 OUT OF 10 AND THE NEW SMALL BRAKE LEAVERS WORK LIKE A BOM! AND YOUR 7YEAR OLD CAN BLEED THEM OR REPLACE THE PADS :thumbup:

XTR XTR XTR ALL THE WAY XTR!! I HAVE A BIKE SHOP AND SOLD ALOT OF THE XTR BRAKES.

IS SO EASY TO WORK WITH AND FEELS LIKE RIDING A NEW FERARRI! BRAKING POWER IS A 10 OUT OF 10 AND THE NEW SMALL BRAKE LEAVERS WORK LIKE A BOM! AND YOUR 7YEAR OLD CAN BLEED THEM OR REPLACE THE PADS :thumbup:

Now my ears are sore!

i have the X0...........nice feel and looks but having issues with them, had them fail on me as well.....just the back brake!!

here comes my spanner for the works...

for that kinda money... I'd get Hope Tech X2's... limited edition ;)

http://www.mountain-trax.com/images/mountain/HOPE-tech-x-ltd-ed-2011-blk-main.jpg

Amazing feel! Great Stopping power, and built to last a nuclear (and zombie) apocalypse

Edited by patches

hahaha, I'm really keen on getting XO cause i dont like the "on-off" feeling of shimano.

Are the still like that or has it been changed??

Love my Tech X2's, they can keep the green though.... With sintered pads, even better..

Love my Tech X2's, they can keep the green though.... With sintered pads, even better..

*gasp* :o

Do you know what I would do for some green Hope hubs, stem, rotors, etc. Sure it won't with the colour scheme on any of my bikes... but it's *green Hope!!

*Note: for those who don't know, green Hope parts are reserved for hope sponsored pros, not for us mere mortals. Well until the release of their limited edition brakes I guess.

I had both, new XTR hands down. No contest.

I have the new 2012 XT and they kick serious ass. One finger braking....er well two if you take left and right... ah F^%%^$ it, you know what I mean.

I'm riding the new XTR brakes. To be honest. I can't feel the real difference between them and the HopeX2s - which I had on my old bike.

I would've loved to have the Hopes on my new bike but the only problem (and this is honestly the only problem) is they make life rather compact on a 600mm oversized flat bar. This is due to the reservoir that it rather bulky. I did bundle them with XTR shifters. So perhaps a X0 shifter accomodates Hope better - don't know.

But the lever size and feel of XTR is very much the same as Hope. Stopping power also the same, the compactness of the new XTR shifter and brake just works better.

Would still love to have Hopes in my bike.....would go great with my Chris King stuff

I'm riding the new XTR brakes. To be honest. I can't feel the real difference between them and the HopeX2s - which I had on my old bike.

I would've loved to have the Hopes on my new bike but the only problem (and this is honestly the only problem) is they make life rather compact on a 600mm oversized flat bar. This is due to the reservoir that it rather bulky. I did bundle them with XTR shifters. So perhaps a X0 shifter accomodates Hope better - don't know.

But the lever size and feel of XTR is very much the same as Hope. Stopping power also the same, the compactness of the new XTR shifter and brake just works better.

Would still love to have Hopes in my bike.....would go great with my Chris King stuff

Hope make an XTR matchmaker, so it helps to free up the space a little.

Im a big Sram fan - except when it comes to their brakes.

I got some M4 and paired them with matchmaker bracket to fit X.O shifters

From what I`ve heard - XT has the same feel as XTR just a little heavier.

Maybe go XT or Hope - you dont get much extra for dropping serious ching on XTR.