Timing chip

Faiyad

Hi

wondering if anyone can help. im looking to replace the black chip holder that goes into the skewer. i have the standard black plactic holder but it has squashed so much already that it creates play in my wheel. so looking either for a lightweight aluminium holder or carbon holder that goes into the chip.

i know the easy way if just to take cable ties and tie it to the fork but just trying to see if there are other holders besides the plastic ones.

thanks guys.

contact pedalpower or racetec. Alternatively, fit it to your shoe by feeding the last velcro strap through it.

Race Tec have.

+ - 20 - 30 zar.

Attaches to the front fork.

Got mine at the Knysna Oyster Festival.

I've not come across any places that do carbon or metal chip holders. You could get a place that does water jet or laser cutting to make you a plate with an axle mount and slots that you could cable-tie the chip to.

Isn't that a bit uncomfortable?

I'm sure he means in the cuff of the sock, not in the shoe.

Actually a very good idea. I just strap mine around my ankle with a velcro strap.

I'm sure he means in the cuff of the sock, not in the shoe.

I think I'd still find that a bit irritating. I'd also need to get longer socks.

I have seen guys cable tie it to the (frame bit between the BB and wheel drop out) - I know they say that you should not have it connected to any metal surface but if you have a carbon frame it isn't.

I have an alu frame and have considered doing that and putting a piece of flat rubber between the two.