Fastest speed downhill on a MTB

tunariaan

Body armor probably would not have helped your collar bone. It's uses are mainly abrasion prevention and light impact protection.

yup! collarbone is pretyt-much unprotectable (armour wise).

but you could try this to save it...

A - power-ranger roll when you hit the deck

B - landing on your head instead of your shoulder (not as good an option as the power-ranger roll)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

yup! collarbone is pretyt-much unprotectable (armour wise).

B - landing on your head instead of your shoulder (not as good an option as the power-ranger roll)

LMAO.

89 kmh on dirt is pretty quick. Must have been a steep road. How fast do you guys reckon you could go down tokai on the main jeep track?

I did that last weekend in Jonkers... just before my front wheel nipped a root and sent me flying into a tree and onto the rocks below the tree... Lesson for the day: never get too cocky on a mtbike.

damn I can agree with you...

A Warning: I did 20km/h in Plett down an easy but slippery grass covered track. I Fell and broke my ankle in 2 places, dislocated tibula and torn all the ligaments around my ankle. Thats not about inexperience( 3Epics, can't remember how many races in the last 12 years). If it's your turn, you're gonna have to face it. Enjoy, but don't be reckless!

:lol:

Guest Omega Man

How fast do you guys reckon you could go down tokai on the main jeep track?

The question here is WHY? There's sweet single track that winds down to the quarry RIGHT there. Why ride down jeep track when there is single track not 20m away?

82km/h down Breedts. Not singletrack and not particulary sweet but there you have it. Was fun seeing the expressions on the motorbikers' faces as I came flying by.

And once the adrenaline wore off, the realisation of exactly how stupid that was settled in...

82km/h down Breedts. Not singletrack and not particulary sweet but there you have it. Was fun seeing the expressions on the motorbikers' faces as I came flying by.

And once the adrenaline wore off, the realisation of exactly how stupid that was settled in...

That is moerse fast. Rarely go faster that 60km/hr down Breedts. Afraid I might run out of skills.

Why , you ask omega man? To find out thats why. I always go down the single track so was wondering how steep a jeep track needs to be to do 89 kmh on it. Dont have a computer on my bike to find out.

Watch thomas vanderham in the movie seasons. He hits 76 kmh on the run in to a MASSIVE step up jump. Now that is fast

Watch thomas vanderham in the movie seasons. He hits 76 kmh on the run in to a MASSIVE step up jump. Now that is fast

oh yeah, I forgot about that...

post-10758-0-54268000-1311723104.png

Off Topic :blush:

I wonder how it must feel hitting a jump at those speeds and how amazing that airtime hang time must feel :P

Edited by missionS