XTR and XO mixed

banna

Just a quick question. If you put a mix of Shimano and SRAM components on your bike e.g. XTR m980 crankset/front derailleur and SRAM XO shifters/rear derailleur , would that have any negative impact on your shifting? In other words is it better for shifting if you have a groupset, rather than mixing between brands?

Just a quick question. If you put a mix of Shimano and SRAM components on your bike e.g. XTR m980 crankset/front derailleur and SRAM XO shifters/rear derailleur , would that have any negative impact on your shifting? In other words is it better for shifting if you have a groupset, rather than mixing between brands?

You will be fine, as long as the shifters match the rear derailleur(SRAM-SRAM/Shimano-Shimano). You can use a mix of everything else.

My brothers anthem is set up that way, shifts better than my XT....

Cool thx. One would think that a groupset would work better than mixing components, but maybe not so. :blink:

You will be fine, as long as the shifters match the rear derailleur(SRAM-SRAM/Shimano-Shimano). You can use a mix of everything else.

Excellent. Thx.

Who cares how it will work, it will look k@k. :P

Ja, doesn't really matter how quickly you're going, as long as you look good, while standing still.