Litespeed Agent in SA

theror

Hi

Anybody had any dealings with the SA Litespeed agent? His name is Cecil Baker and works in Paarl.

I cracked my hardtail about 3 months ago and have mailed him photos etc. I have had one reply from him to about 15 emails to say that he has sent the photos to Litespeed. I have heard nothing further in over 2 months. I have tried phoning but no luck either. I dont expect a warranty replacement but some kind of feedback would be great, maybe even a replacement frame at a discount or something.

I cant believe that representatives of established bike brands can offer such crap service.

Well, the bike has a limited lifetime warranty. Go to litespeed.com you can lodge a claim direct with them.

Hi

Anybody had any dealings with the SA Litespeed agent? His name is Cecil Baker and works in Paarl.

I cracked my hardtail about 3 months ago and have mailed him photos etc. I have had one reply from him to about 15 emails to say that he has sent the photos to Litespeed. I have heard nothing further in over 2 months. I have tried phoning but no luck either. I dont expect a warranty replacement but some kind of feedback would be great, maybe even a replacement frame at a discount or something.

I cant believe that representatives of established bike brands can offer such crap service.

I never had any problems with the bikes, Merlin Ti, and always had great service from Cecil, try phoning him, I'm sure the holdup is from Litespeed Usa.

I never had any problems with the bikes, Merlin Ti, and always had great service from Cecil, try phoning him, I'm sure the holdup is from Litespeed Usa.

Yip, I hope this is the case.

Get hold of Dennis du Toit at Cornerstone Cycles in Paarl (021-870-1465 I think) - they're in regular contact with Cecil, might help?

Hi

I had the same problem a few years ago - cracked frame.. Lots of waiting for Cecil to get back to me. Email is a waste of time. You need to phone him. Remember that this is a sideline business for Cecil - he's a dentist by profession. So its unlikely you're going to get him on his cellphone during the day. The best time is either before 8 or in the evening. I would also contact Litespeed directly (cc Cecil in) and find out who is looking into your issue.

Well if you want to be a agent for a brand you should consider giving a good service. Dentist or not, he must get his act together or pass the agency on.......

Thanks for the help and advice, I will keep trying and let everybody know what happens. Properly frustrating and such a waste of time!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. No luck phoning Cecil's dental practice. He is always busy and does not return messages. I got hold of his cell number, thanks to a member of thehub, and have left voice and text messages. He does answer his phone during or after hours. It appears that Litespeed has no agent, or this Cecil is an enigma. Frustrating times! Perhaps its time to change dentist and make an appointment, just to chat....