Disc Brake Locked Up

P.A.K.

Hi guys,

Recently I had to remove my front wheel, and when I wanted to put it back the brake pads seemed to be locked. They were too close to each other for the rotor to fit through.

Had to take it to by local bike shop and the had fixed it for me.

Why did this happen, and if it happens again how can I fix it myself?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Recently I had to remove my front wheel, and when I wanted to put it back the brake pads seemed to be locked. They were too close to each other for the rotor to fit through.

Thanks!

brake lever probably got pulled/pushed while rotor wasn't in....by the sounds of it

I have had it once on mine, managed to open it using a rag and screwdriver, just be gentle and dont force, the pads are brittle

Guest Omega Man

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Chances are you squeezed the brake while the wheel was off. The pads just needed to be pushed back. Depending on what brakes you have you can get pad spacers for them.