WOW or really stupid??

Dragu

There are videos on Youtube of Theo Bos (some might remember him being involved, or causing Daryl Impey's very serious crash a few years back) doing 130km/h + behind a car. He is a bit of a crazy canon.

My maximum speed ever of 99.7km/h was going down solo the steep side of Vissershok with a strong wind from behind. That was hectic, especially since the road isn't that great!

Yup, here is Theo's vid - 140km/h - only gets going after 53'seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Pl-H3UJJg

Doing 100km/h behind a truck is not difficult at all, even with standard gears!

Edited by Tankman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

140km/h is just unthinkable.

A bud of mine drafted a 50km/h truck leaving the Klapmuts 4 way stop near Cape Town.

He hit a pothole and .....

He is okay now. :blink:

Guest Frail4Life

The biggest chain ring that Shimano have is a 56 so, Sheldon Brown's site says a 56-11 will have you riding 64km/h at cadence of 100.

You would need a 90-11 to make it to 100km/h! How large would a 90 tooth chain ring be?

Then WHERE did My *58 Blade come from?

140km/h is just unthinkable.

A bud of mine drafted a 50km/h truck leaving the Klapmuts 4 way stop near Cape Town.

He hit a pothole and .....

He is okay now. :blink:

I was doing about 90ish on the way to Villiers once, smacked a whopper of a pothole. Both hands came off the bars, wobbled a bit, then all was good, stayed with the truck for the next 40km :clap:

Ah, the invincibility of youth...

The difference between Belgian roads and ours of course, is that they are not full of potholes, trash and people (I use the term loosely) who don't know how to behave / drive...

Bwahahaha, this is so funny! You clearly have never ridden on Belgian roads as they are truely aweful and filled with potholes and other bad patches. Why do you think Belgian mechanics are so good? Because they get to work on bikes so often! When I go to Belgium I take my strongest trainingwheels and my mean raceface along. You girls wouldn't last 10 minutes in Belgium (well, TNT might last 15, but he's from the East)

Edited by Willehond

By the looks of it the car seems to an Opel, in which the case the clock could be 10 km/h out! So my guess would be that the cyclist is doing around 90km/h, crazy!

We once hooked a treklorrie on the road going out to Cullinan form the Moloto Crossing. We clocked 85km/h Scary but exciting. EM was screaming like a banshee all the way and she said her eyes was closed all the time. Exhaust fumes a bit of a schlepp though.

I hooked up behind a gravel lorry past Nitida in Durbanville this morning and comfortably drafted it at about 75-80km/h. Haven't done 100 yet, but should be pretty possible if you're prepared to take a risk.

It must be a very interesting place in your mind :clap:

Only a couple hamsters would know that answer