the 29er route: Lynskey vs Scott Spark dualie

Who are the Lysnkey agents in SA? One day when I'm big...

Lynskey is very eager to deal direct with clients in SA. So much so that it almost becomes annoying. Maybe they are just hard-up for business. That was my experience anyway.

Lynskey lists the following on their website as dealers in RSA:

South Africa

Buxus Products & Services

Northgate Office Park

Unit 83, Block 7A, Aureole Avenue

Northwold

Gauteng Province

+27 704 6603

Got a Pro 29er (the one with the twisted tubes) and it is a treat to ride. Went from a dualie 26er and haven't looked back. Tim Shoobridge is the local agent and he owns Buxus. He can be contacted on his cell 082 901 9307 or by e-mail at tim@buxus.co.za.

You won't be sorry about buying a Lynskey as they manufacture great bikes. Can't wait for the Lynskey dualie 29er to be released later this year and it should take the market by storm.

Bling Bling

Just look at it .

At Joberg2C I was allowed to touch a Lynskey Pro 29er :drool: but only when my wife was supervising. :blush:

Got a Pro 29er (the one with the twisted tubes) and it is a treat to ride. Went from a dualie 26er and haven't looked back. Tim Shoobridge is the local agent and he owns Buxus. He can be contacted on his cell 082 901 9307 or by e-mail at tim@buxus.co.za.

You won't be sorry about buying a Lynskey as they manufacture great bikes. Can't wait for the Lynskey dualie 29er to be released later this year and it should take the market by storm.

Bling Bling

This thread is useless without a picture from you.....

Evidently the dualie will only be released late this year. It will first come in 26er and later a 29er version will be released. I don't know what format e.g. race, all mountain or big hit it will be in, but it should be good considering my experience with the current hardtails.

Photo will be pasted later.

Industry throws weight behind the 29er

by Mark Sutton

Friday, April 8th 2011 at 10:44am

LikeEmail .

In News

Larger wheel size may one day become 'standard' suggests Mark Lynskey

"Any UK rider that travels around to different trails is going to end up having both a 26 and 29-inch wheeled bike in his or her garage."

That's the belief of Lynskey founder Mark Lynskey, whose firm is this year to produce two full suspension frames for each wheel size.

"In the UK we have seen acceptance of 29ers grow significantly in the past two years. However, the UK with its widely varied terrain is the perfect example of a region where both wheel sizes will always have benefits," added Lynskey, who is convinced that, in certain territories, the three-inch larger wheel could become dominant in the long run.

"This is based upon the reality that most riders are out for recreation, fitness, and enjoyment of the outdoors. Larger wheels do offer a smoother ride. The larger contact patch offers better braking and better overall traction, and they are much more forgiving when it comes to that unexpected rock, or ditch."

Wynand, it depends on what you want from the bike. Lynskey's are beautiful, cool, less common. With Titanium scratches are less of an issue (you can buff them out). However, a quality carbon frame gives you a smoother ride due to the ability to arrange carbon fibres in such a way that the frame has more flex in certain areas, is more responsive due to increased stiffness where you need it. Good carbon frames are lighter than titanium frames. Titanium frames are also more expensive to make. Thus, if you want cool - Lynskey, but if you want bang for buck in terms of performance - Scott.

CRC had a couple of Lynskeys on sale a while ago - and there was one with a lefty sepcific frame :drool:

• 1 month later...