Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

I need brakes please guys.

Disc brakes, v-brakes and road brakes and levers.

Anything you can donate will help me get bikes to those who need em.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i have quite a number of pieces that I am sure you can use - vbrakes, shifters, cantilever brakes and some saddles, stems, etc.plus I have a Trek 5500 frame which is in perfect nick if you are interested in building something a bit higher spec up and selling it for funds?

PM me and maybe you can arrange to come around - in Fourwyas area, which I think is close to you...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i have quite a number of pieces that I am sure you can use - vbrakes, shifters, cantilever brakes and some saddles, stems, etc.plus I have a Trek 5500 frame which is in perfect nick if you are interested in building something a bit higher spec up and selling it for funds?

PM me and maybe you can arrange to come around - in Fourwyas area, which I think is close to you...

Thanks for the donation, much appreciated!

I have a couple of roadbikes that need a good home. Can anyone recommend a good development cycling program that I can give them to?

• 4 months later...

Just donated a couple of bikes. Visit the website here for more info on what we've been up to this year.

http://www.buildabikesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/samson-300x225.jpg http://www.buildabikesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DSC_2488-216x300.jpg http://www.buildabikesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/whyteone-2-225x300.jpg http://www.buildabikesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lovemore-NRS-300x198.jpg

Edited by divernick

If anyone has any MTB parts, frames or forks and are willing to donate, please contact me.

Thanks again to all who have contributed.

A special thanks to Ruan, Andre and the guys at Tool-Up Cycles for always helping out when I need something.

Hi all,

I need a 26er fork, mtb crankset and 27,2mm seatpost to get another bike ready for donation. Can anyone assist?

Edited by divernick

If you are ever in Potchefstroom, come maak n draai at Dingo Cycles. we are cleaning the shop and have a whole load of spare parts, frames wheels etc. Its yours if you want it

Wow thanks! I don't ever get out that way but if you know of anyone coming to JHB I'll gladly meet up somewhere.

PM SENT as well.

Edited by divernick

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone assist with a 26er mtb fork that can take v-brakes?

A big thanks to Tom for donating the fork that I have desperately been needing to get a bike ready and donated. It matches the frame perfectly as well. To finish this particular bike I also need a MTB crankset if anyone has one to spare, as well as a 27,2mm seatpost.

I have a 2011 26" gt mtb frame with shock (old 80mm may need bushings ),headset, stem, deore triple crankset and bb , pair of wheels (they need a bit of love on the hubs) as well as a box of old cycling clothes.that i would like to donate to the project.

also have some old 7spd parts incl shifters and derailleurs

chris@wiredsoundstudios.co.za

Edited by Audible Anarchy

I have a 2011 26" gt mtb frame with shock (old 80mm may need bushings ),headset, stem, deore triple crankset and bb , pair of wheels (they need a bit of love on the hubs) as well as a box of old cycling clothes.that i would like to donate to the project.

also have some old 7spd parts incl shifters and derailleurs

chris@wiredsoundstudios.co.za

Awesome thanks! I'll pop you a mail in the morning. Much appreciated!

I must offer a huge thanks to Ian Sullivan who donated 2 forks, a wheel, some tyres and some other parts yesterday!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am so proud to say that to-date we have had 44 individuals donate parts and bikes to this initiative! Most of the donors are hubbers - you're a great bunch!

I have donated over 20 bikes since I started this initiative - thanks to everyone for your support!