Fixie Revolution :)

The OriginalSpartacus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know purist don't do brakes, but for commuting maybe consider it

Always the disadvantage of a track frame - there's seldom a brake mounting hole on the fork (I've only ever seen one), and you can't drill because the tolerance is too tight for standard caliper arms. Pray you don't get caught between a rock and a hard place ("When days are dark, friends are few").

Always the disadvantage of a track frame - there's seldom a brake mounting hole on the fork (I've only ever seen one), and you can't drill because the tolerance is too tight for standard caliper arms. Pray you don't get caught between a rock and a hard place ("When days are dark, friends are few").

I managed to get a spare road fork with a hole for the front brakes, so if I want to change it into a SS I just need to swop forks, spin the wheel around (will have fixie cog on one side and SS cog on the other side) and change handlebars to my SS bars with the front brake lever on :clap: maybe I should call her Optimus Prime ?

Nice Viner, GTR Racing. Dig the 3 exclamation mark signature too (in my case, it's going from 5km/h to 10km/h)

thumbup1.gif

Looking good.... Actually quite like the exposed finish...

I was going to say the same thing. It has honesty and authenticity.

I am also tempted to leave it 'naked'. it gives it a nice character!!

found these awesome french handlebars as well :) it has 2 crests that are either side of the stem, seriously legit :)

post-26246-0-21119700-1314966621.jpg

post-26246-0-13707200-1314966662.jpg

post-26246-0-87916000-1314966686.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

got cranks :) compliments of Velo :clap: a set of Zeus track cranks!! super amped to get it finished. still busy pimping the frame, hopefully it will be ready for clear coat early next week.

post-26246-0-53299200-1316677236.jpg

a third of the way done with the pin-stripping :) still got 4 colors to add.. a little different but it was born to be wild!

post-26246-0-30645000-1316768694.jpg

Edited by The OriginalSpartacus