Fixie Revolution :)

The OriginalSpartacus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing..

when last did you ride Fixed around sharp bends?

That's my ride yes

That's bad luck, I thought they sold 'em too cheap :blush:

You don't want it klapping the road while you turn.

I rode a fixie for 3 years up until matric and never klapped a pedal :thumbup:

I can only presume that cranks were shorter in the days before god made longer ones.I have no idea what length they were :unsure:

I rode a fixie for 3 years up until matric and never klapped a pedal :thumbup:

I can only presume that cranks were shorter in the days before god made longer ones.I have no idea what length they were :unsure:

I've klapped mine a few times. The BBs on track bikes are supposed to be higher than road bikes for this purpose too.

that makes sense. hitting the pedal on the ground on a fixie will not be pleasant. I am not putting any brakes on and I will be using the bike as my commuter in town :blink: it could get interesting :) got a mate making me messenger type handlebars, they are going to be 25cm from end to end :clap:

I've done peak hour traffic with her, but I would not want to do it every day.

maybe consider a front brake. I know purist don't do brakes, but for commuting maybe consider it

that makes sense. hitting the pedal on the ground on a fixie will not be pleasant. I am not putting any brakes on and I will be using the bike as my commuter in town :blink: it could get interesting :) got a mate making me messenger type handlebars, they are going to be 25cm from end to end :clap:

If I put my hands together and imagine a stem in between, that makes 25 cm already!

If I put my hands together and imagine a stem in between, that makes 25 cm already!

exactly :) it's going to be a purist bike messenger fixie :) not going to be much fun to ride I think, unless having the living daylights scared out of you is classified as fun!

Did you seriously pay R250 for those cranks?

Yip ok it was 'bout 2years ago (and maybe it was R270). pricing on ebay was then R800min.

Ride with proper road pedals and shoes, you'll need it to brake more efficiently in traffic

an example...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wb8bAl1P-N0/SGj9WPBG0KI/AAAAAAAACjk/dYmNW-xJUgg/s400/ross.jpg

love the short bars.

i want to get bull horns for mine eventually

jeepers I am having a bad monday....

correct link - hopefully 3rd time right :)

www.flywheelbikes.co.za

Wow some great looking builds there! Can't see any fixies but I like what I see

had some fun with Paint :) not perfectly to scale but this is the paint job I have in mind. Base colour will be a Matt black as is possible - zero shine and the orange and World Champ strips will be very bright colours :)

getting rather excited!

post-26246-0-93189700-1314625899.jpg

Wow some great looking builds there! Can't see any fixies but I like what I see

he mostly does lowriders but he can do anything really, take him a drawing and Bob's your uncle :clap: