Indoor Training

DamMTBer

I decided to pack the IDT away, it works, if you do intervals. And you have more control over intervals on it since you don't have traffic, robots, taxis. But I've found a 2k hill close to home which I go and ride once a week after work. Thats my lactate tolerence training intervals. Saturday I'll do aerobic stamina intervals, and Sunday a long Aerobic endurance.

To all of those that train indoors.

What is better the indoor trainer or Spinning bike.

And how does the indorr trainer build up resistance?

I've got both a spinning bike and an A frame IDT of which I have had lots of experience in using both.

This last winter (Europe) I trained weekdays and some weekends on the A frame IDT for the epic (69 x IDT sessions and 34 x outdoor rides).

The A frame type trainer is better IMO if you are going to train indoors on a regular basis because you are riding your real bike with real gears whereas a spinning bike has a flywheel and brake mechanism on the flywheel for resistance and no real gears. A frame type trainers have different methods of resistance, namely magnetic, fluid, combo of both or fan.

If your going to ride a mtb regularly on a IDT then I would recommend you get a spare rear wheel with a slick tyre.

I decided to pack the IDT away, it works, if you do intervals. And you have more control over intervals on it since you don't have traffic, robots, taxis. But I've found a 2k hill close to home which I go and ride once a week after work. Thats my lactate tolerence training intervals. Saturday I'll do aerobic stamina intervals, and Sunday a long Aerobic endurance.

And what will a typical interval be??