Specializeds new CARBON demo 8 at the Worlds in Champery

nigelhicks

Still a spy shot .... but Specialized are running carbon front triangles on their Demos this weekend

http://dirt.mpora.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/spesh1.jpg

Why carbon if weight is not an issue on a DH rig?

Weight is an issue ... the DH rigs are getting down to 16kg flat with carbon - but the main reason is also for stiffness and strength ... the Carbon bikes are 10 times stronger than their alu counterparts. This allows for sharper handling.

Nige, do you know whether that's Sam's or Troy's bike? I see it's running (what look like) CB Mallet pedals. That's why I ask?!

mallets = Troy.

Sam still running flats as always.

whew! I just had to check. I was worried for a minute! hahaha!

Guest Omega Man

Lots of riders who usually ride clips will be riding flats this weekend. That track is STEEEEEP!

Lots of riders who usually ride clips will be riding flats this weekend. That track is STEEEEEP!

yep, Gee was quoted as having some 5.10s handy. I know Peaty juggled between flats and clips last year, and the year before.

if that ever happened, i'll be gutted!

if that happened, I just wouldn't feel the same when wearing my Sam Hill 5.10s :lol:

if that happened, I just wouldn't feel the same when wearing my Sam Hill 5.10s :lol:

then i'll have to call you just a plain victim.. cant say fashion victim any more. (where's oh mega man to be proud of me for using his phrase :P )

Guest Omega Man

Saw a pic of Andrew Neethling in 5.10's too. I don't think we can even imagine how steep that track is. Next year I will be paying a visit tho.