Which Specialized MTB saddle??

Gilroydj

Advice needed...

I have been struggling with knee issues. Saw a biokinetisist for an accurate bike set up. There were a number of things wrong with me physically (sigh!), and also the set up that had been done on my bike previously. The first thing wrong was my saddle! I was using a 130 saddle, but the specialized pad goodie says I should be on a 155!!!

I have done some reading up and it sounds like the Specialized Phenom is pretty good. My LBS is recommending the Henge Comp. I really don't know what would be best. I want a comfy saddle that won't cut me in half, so i don't mind if it is a bit heavier than most. Ride enjoyment is key, i'm by no means a racing snake! :lol:

Any advice or suggestions?

Oh, and i'm limiting myself to Specialized mainly because the bio recons they are real quality and are leading in their technology....

I've used the Phenom on my mtb and the Toupe on my roadbike. Both were great, but I have sinced moved to the Romin on both my bikes. Could'nt ask for anything better.

Edited by andrè traut

If you HAVE to stick to Spez, I loved my Romin. I now have a Selle Italia SL XC Flow. Best saddle I've used.

I am big fan of the toupe but see you guys like the roman. I should def get a test Romin saddle from the LBS.

I didn't realise you could get a romin mtb saddle... Will take a look into that. Bike shop doesnt allow saddle tests, so struggling to decide!!

Fi'zi:k :thumbup:

Aliante. Perfect for 155. And in a class similar to (if not better than) Specialized. Seriously consider it!!