Frame Siza

TriFun

Hi

I am a Medium frame size. (1.74m) I can get a great deal on a Large frame. I can still get the seat height to be correct and with a very short stem, witch i can get i can get the handlebars correct length to.

Will this be ok? Are those the most important things? or is the other geometry really important?

Please help?

Thanks

Don't do it. Goine smaller is sort of ok, going bigger, and you will always feel wrong on the bike. Don't do it.

You can always go one size down, but never one size up. Judging by your height, you appear to be at the lower end of a medium anyway. If you were taller, you may have got away with it.

Its a road bike.

Thanks guys! Yup i am a Small - Medium frame. Just i can get such a awesome deal on a Large bike. One model up and better components! for same price. But at least i get a brand new and can chose my frame on the other bike. Thanks guys!

looks like gona go for the new and choose the correct frame. So a small would be better?

It might be, depending on how it feels. Ride both. See how they feel. Then decide. We can't make the decision for you, as you might have really stumpy legs and a long torso, or vice versa.

And as much as a bike can be tinkered with, it still needs to fit correctly.

If the deal is so good then buy it for the parts and sell the frame in the classifieds.There are always small or medium frames for sale,so you can then buy one.

I'm 1.94m.My giant is a Large. I feel like a racer on the bike. Went and bought a XL MTB and now the bike just feel too big and slow. My insane length is 950x.884=839.8 so it must be a XL but I see Scott say Large or XL.

I think smaller is better than bigger

Thanks guys. Unfortunately dont have cash to buy and weight and sell. And things just arent selling at this time in SA anymore. Unless its cheap!! Money is tight

TriFun i guess it depends how good a deal you are getting, but if i got an option on a bike that wouldnt work for me, that i KNEW was a great deal and i wouldnt be stepping on the sellers toes by selling it for a bit more, then it is a no-brainer.

You are correct money is tight, all the more reason to wheel and deal a bit.

I'm 1.94m.My giant is a Large. I feel like a racer on the bike. Went and bought a XL MTB and now the bike just feel too big and slow. My insane length is 950x.884=839.8 so it must be a XL but I see Scott say Large or XL.

I think smaller is better than bigger

WTF is "insane length"?