Rave: Hout Bay Complete Cyclist

Smiles

hey guys. thought i'd tell you about my experience with a new bike shop in Hout Bay, Cape Town. It's "the complete cyclist: Hout Bay"

to be honest i wasn't expecting too much from this shop. i didn't think hout bay really needed a cycling shop and didn't intend going there as my experience is that these shops not in town or an industrial area are probably going to be expensive.

but i was working on a bike project and didn't have the right tool to change the crank. popped down to the new shop and they changed the crank from one of my bikes to the other. i really expected then to hardly show interest with me as i was expecting to be only paying R50 or R100 and most bike shops i've been to usually hardly pay attention unless you're dropping the value of a small car in their shop.

well they stopped working on their other bikes, changed the crank out from one of my bikes to the other, and gave me a free cup of coffee. (real coffee). AND THEY DID THIS FOR FREE

i was also really surprised at their great prices for goods. i saw UST Kenda Nevegal tires for about R350 - this is cheaper than i can land them from chain reaction cycles after VAT is added (and assuming free shipping)

i will definitely be using them again and stopping there for coffee on my rides. They said coffee (think its a Cappuccino - haha, shows how much i know about coffee) will be R12 from this weekend, but if they use the same cups, then they are big cups and totally awesome.

and apparently the mechanic studied bike mechanics in the UK and worked for Rapha Condor pro cycling team - so he should know his stuff

oh, and i'm in no way associated with the shop, just thought i'd add my great experience i had today and really stoked that this shop is only a couple of minutes away from me

Edited by Smiles

glad you had a good experience

unlike you I thought Hout Bay DID need a bike shop, there were a couple of private individuals offering bike services out of their garages in Hout Bay, but no shop and nothing over the hills in Noordhoek, Constantia or Camps Bay either, and it is on arguably the most ridden route around Cape Town, and on the Argus route.

what's the mechanics name?

There was a small bike shop next to Woolworths in that Hout Bay shopping centre on the left at the circle coming off Chappies. Mainly MTBs though, I think. I also think Circle Cycles in Fish Hoek is great - they did about an hour's work on my bike for free, right around Christmas. Good coffees too.

There was a small bike shop next to Woolworths in that Hout Bay shopping centre on the left at the circle coming off Chappies. Mainly MTBs though, I think. I also think Circle Cycles in Fish Hoek is great - they did about an hour's work on my bike for free, right around Christmas. Good coffees too.

:thumbup: My family.

Mechanic is Cytec qualified

Top class service and the right attitude..........just pisses me off that it's too far away from Gabs to pop in for a service and an expresso :angry: