What should I know...

MJ the Expat

I could be mistaken but that is the direct weight on it that it can take, as it is a removable type towbar.Something like a trailer is supported by its own wheels so not an issue.

Ek was onder die indruk hul lyk soos die ou iron cast ones, maar nadat ek eers gesien het hoe die nuwe removable towbars lyk vir karre sal ek nie verbaas wees as dit net 60kg van bo af kan dra nie. Die cast iron ene hak ons gereeld 'n offroad trailer wat se disselboom by 120kg weeg.

I used to use hang-on. Stopped doing that when I got my carbon. Was then doing "flattening of seats, remove front wheel and bike in car" thing for a while.

Got the Euroway 2 months ago. Got a towbar fitted specially for that purpose and would never look back.

3 bike rack would be a bit easier if you carrying 2 bikes.

The removable arms of the Euroway also make it much easier to fit your bikes especially if you are fitting more than one.

Lockable arm great plus.

As a lady I find it light and easy to lift and have no difficulty on getting bike and rack on and off the car.

Hang-on and bike in the car has both caused damage to car in the past.

Yep to go with Slowlady's comment, I find the Euroride flippen heavy and cumbersome to put on, seeing as it weighs about a quarter of what I do. OK I'm also weak but let's not go into that :P

Thanks forall the feedback guys. I are still on the prowl for a towbar. Willcontact your suggestions.

PS: I have one quote for a towbar so far - R3100.

MJ,

Also give Steelite a call. Think they are in Voortrekker Road, good prices (infact the best in town if the snd option doensnt work)

You are right. The are R1000 cheaper than others!